✌ Victory! ✌

Heated seats and steering wheel are the best way to heat an electric car. Tremendously kinder on the batteries than heating the air.

5 Likes

That’s the thing about regaining a sense of smell…

Most stuff doesn’t smell very good.

2 Likes

Not really a victory, but very nice.
Look what I found upstairs:

For you, mama. :slight_smile: And the five year old even used a glass wich I won’t have any problem when broken. Probably living in the same sentiment I do now "spring! “.

21 Likes

Wouldn’t it have been slightly better if my wife doesn’t have to drive it back up to Massachusetts (90 minute drive) on Wednesday to have the front-passenger’s door replaced?

They replaced it the day before we bought it, to fix a problem with the window. Not only does the new door’s window not work, but it won’t close properly.

Ay, gevalt!

7 Likes

Filed my fuckin’ taxes. Fucking finally. I’m getting money back, so I’m not upset about it, but the whole thing is just such a damn chore. Amazing to have it off my mind, though.

I also got a ton of shit done today. I was suspiciously productive.

17 Likes

Me too! You know how when one light blows, it doesn’t seem like such a big deal because there are others nearby so it’s not like one light bulb is the difference between seeing and utter darkness? Certainly not enough to bother changing it, right? Well, that starts to add up. Yesterday, I changed 7 light bulbs, the covers of which all needed to be unscrewed with a Philips screwdriver. Rust played a factor with a few of them. Stupid task, took longer than it should have, and now I feel like I will never have to change another light bulb again.

10 Likes

Good job. :smiley:

No overt victories for me to report.

Except I had a conversation that I didn’t want to have. And I got a lot of stuff done like I do every work day (not a brag despite the Victory thread). And I didn’t cry during business hours which is apparently a thing that happens now. Pardon me while I go find the “F Today” thread so I can be a bit more on-topic. :laughing:

10 Likes

I won the hospital lottery!

Well, not the house. A secondary prize.

Well, not a secondary prize like a car or trip.

Er, not a tertiary prize either, like a camera or iPad.

A quaternary prize. Lamb’s wool blankets.

That are too small to use as bedding.

The reality: I won something scraped off the side of a sheep.

Perhaps I’m in the wrong thread.

15 Likes

Welp, that’s more than I won today! Take a victory lap, champ!

8 Likes

Scabies?

5 Likes

I don’t know that I won anything.

:v: But I did successfully complete my taxes one day early. :v: I started it several days early but shockingly U.S. tax forms are not made easier to understand when you have an anxiety disorder. :rabbit2: Rant averted.

I don’t mind paying taxes. I mind filing them. :sweat:

But it’s done and I can spend the rest of the evening relaxing running around getting ready for work tomorrow. :laughing:

10 Likes

Sign it!

4 Likes

:crying_cat_face: But I just got off Change’s mailing list for the last time I signed a petition. :crying_cat_face:

Oh well. Signed. :laughing:

5 Likes

Have you thought about putting bricks or stones in the burner to retain the heat after the fire dies?

2 Likes

Yes, I thought about it. But the stove is way to small for that. :wink:
We also thought about building a ‘heat cumulating’ stove downstairs. I love them and saw a very nice plan. But, normally we are only there for two day’s, sometimes a bit longer. And that is way to short to make a good use of such a stove.

Biggest problem now is that it is getting really cold, much colder than it should be this time of the year and the wood is nearly gone. Lets say gone, only newer (to wet) and scrabby (rotten) is left. (Next batch in exchange for using the pasture, will come somewhere in the summer). But that is something for another thread.

1 Like

I got a new job! That pays around 6-8k/yr more than my old job! And, AND

##THERE. IS. NO. OVERTIME INVOLVED!!!
WOOO!

28 Likes

I wonder how often the wrong pipe gets used when people have retained their oil tanks - and do people ever notice the free fuel they’ve been gifted?

In the UK, heating oil is generally restricted to rural areas where gas has not been laid on. It’s expensive and increasingly prone to theft. However it is almost always stored in an external tank on the property.

1 Like

Yay! More time to make us giggle uncontrollably!!

(Could just be me. You regularly make me giggle.)

14 Likes

Awww, shucks.

12 Likes

GET A ROOM! 

12 Likes