Vidcon cosplayer dressed as an influencer apology video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/13/boohoo-like-like.html

9 Likes

While this is very funny, the actual “costume” was created elsewhere and available for free as a download, here is the video on it:

23 Likes

Apology accepted.

11 Likes

“Apology will start after this ad.”
*unsubscribe

11 Likes

This is getting way too meta.

1 Like
7 Likes

Whoever came up with it, it’s brilliant. They should get something nice.

3 Likes

I like the added touch of bleach-ifying the decor in the background. So many influencers out there with similar out-of-the-box decor. They could all switch residences and never notice.

5 Likes

Somehow I’m not surprised Jack Douglass originated this. He’s a pretty brilliant YouTube satirist.

1 Like

Yeah but it’s still a great jape.

A more primitive version:

21 Likes

I especially like all the yellow ad-break markers.

5 Likes

That detail had me laughing

1 Like

To be fair, what sells it is the kid’s performance.

1 Like

I was touring independent living facilities with my mom the other day. Neither one of us liked the flooring in the kitchen, which was that washed out, blue-gray wood which is popular these days. I was thinking that considering the age of the residents, they might want to take their color palette from that whch was popular when THEIR tastes were being set. Perhaps maple wood and avocado green or harvest gold appliances would be in order.

2 Likes

The Go-Betweens, Apology Accepted

(any excuse :-))

1 Like

God, I hate the internet.

Nah, you hate the World Wide Web. Saying you hate the Internet is like saying you hate the street when you actually hate getting on the bus.

Unless you also hate email, file sharing, telephony, telnet or ssh, etc… then you really hate the Internet.

4 Likes

Bingo.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.