Video: Death threats for sceptic who leafleted at Sally Morgan "psychic" show

Your screen name is either a trolley choice or a wish list.

You are equating sceptics with fascists & “psychics” with persecuted groups that the fascists attempted to purge. That’s both stupid & disgusting.

Demonstrable fraud is not protected information or speech. Freedom of access to information is not freedom from criticism, which is all that the sceptics provide. If a media outlet accepts that criticism and shuts down a hoax, like a psychic that is predatory & not willing to acknowledge that they are amusement only, then that is the system working.

“thought”… I suppose 2 dimensional, shallow, black n white thinking is still thought, but it is a poor descriptive without an adjective or two in front of it in your case.

3 Likes

They are proposing to limit access to media in ways they are capable as well as criticize. The targets include anything they label as pseudoscience. Many things in my opinion have been labeled pseudoscience with little more inspiration than that of monopoly. Many things that have been labeled as good science I’ve found to be useless.

Citations?

Talking to the dead is not “pseudoscience”, it’s bullshit.

1 Like

Those happen to be my two distinctions when dealing with pseudoscience.

Activism and Good Thinking (2013)

What you just wrote makes no sense.

3 Likes

how so?

Get a clue. Limiting media access with open discourse (criticism) is completely legitimate.

Most sceptic societies have standing, open invitations to debate any pseudoscience charlatan like Sally Morgan, onstage, in public, on camera, anytime, anywhere.

But the charlatans flee.

BTW, your “citation” supports the contentions myself and others have made, not yours. Particularly the one I just made, in the first two sentences of this post.

4 Likes

I’m leaving this thread due to allowed hostility. I enjoy a debate. I’ve learned much from so many replies and feel I have a deeper understanding because of it.

@CaptainPedge essentially wrote “talking to the dead is bullshit and has nothing to do with the word “pseudoscience””

You then wrote that those were your “two distinctions” as well, when he’s not making two distinctions but calling talking to the dead out as bullshit.

QED, what you just wrote makes no sense.

5 Likes

ALICE, is that you? So many contradictions in this post alone…

2 Likes

http://www.sallymorgan.tv/psychic-sally-sacks-husband-son-law/

3 Likes

Yes, if you make direct threats of violence you should go to jail. HAND, you garbage person.

I love it when fake psychics astroturf, it’s awesome. They have no idea what non-sociopaths believe, they have no idea what people without personality disorders act like.

2 Likes

Good. Now her credibility is restored to the levels it was at before all this kicked off.

4 Likes

Man, that’s got to burn. Having the wife put out a press release that disavows your actions and essentially says the marriage may be in trouble. I mean talk about airing your laundry in public.

Weird that she never saw this coming though.

5 Likes

Damage control much?

Too bad the Streisand Effect is already unleashed, but then a psychic would have seen it coming.

It’s also rather interesting that the addendum calls out the homophobic bullshit, but not the death threats. I wonder if that’s just bad editing, or an actual choice.

2 Likes

From what I’ve read, it’s because she was getting called out by fans for the homophobia. This is just damage limitation.

People like this:

http://kayecrawford.wordpress.com/2014/10/12/the-bigots-wife/

Edit: better wording.

1 Like

Now that we know that bigots sr. and jr.will no longer be in attendance at this evil fraud’s performances, now would be a great time to double down on leafleting and picketting.

1 Like

Okay clever dicks - smart arse remarks and pointless self righteous crap. There are people making small threats to each other every day. So ? Sue me. As for ‘garbage person’ and ‘as as tower is making out to be’ firstly I have nothing to do with them people, secondly you guys have the same opinion which is great - absolutely fine. Not sally morgans fault that she got picked up by tv. I found this site because it propped up on another website. i couldn’t give a toss about how - wrong I may be. i have rights like you to voice my opinion. Welcome to the internet. no not everyone should go to prison for defending somebody if they had go lengthways to do so. They were provoked by Tilbrook. And even now Tilbrook has succeeded in turning people against each other because he has huge chip on his shoulder, he probably was told by psychic that he was gonna win the lotto in a week and he didn’t that’s why he’s probably doing what he’s doing. i don’t know. Whatever you think fraudulent or not it doesn’t matter. it’s tv media entertainment. I’m not interested in mr Tilbrook or The Morgans for that point, i’m just sick of the same old one person provokes - then everyone watch me mentally burn these people with my view by making them feel sorry for me. Guess what? That’s whats happening here. Fancy counting Sheep - you’re all alright I’ve done that already. This post and probably about a million others out there who are all turned sceptics because we all follow the same herd. - unhinged? yeah why not for once.