Video: Drop tower ride violently falls, fortunately riders will be ok

Originally published at: Video: Drop tower ride violently falls, fortunately riders will be ok | Boing Boing

2 Likes
2 Likes

NOTE: There is a huge difference between 50 feet and 50 metres… Which one is it?
One hundred sixty-four feet or 50 feet? Maybe check your sources before posting…

I am glad everyone will be okay.

Cheers,
d

5 Likes

Looks like 50 feet.

4 Likes

This is what happens when you want to copy the effect of a ride that was designed properly, without adding the requisite safety features. Controls on any such ride should be designed to fail closed, like a truck’s air brakes. I’ve never seen that many people on such a ride; that might also be a factor. You can’t just scale up something like that.

1 Like

I’ve been looking for information on the ride manufacturer but haven’t found any details yet. Who knows what the ultimate cause of this accident was (poor design, poor maintenance, misuse, etc) but this was a fairground ride in a not-so-major city in India, and similar fairground rides are barely regulated at all in many states in the U.S.

I found this in an article:

It may turn out that it’s a crappy design that may have still been perfectly legal in the area it was operating.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.