Watch: Two lucky women are swinging near a cliff when it breaks and sends them over the edge.

Originally published at: Watch: Two lucky women are swinging near a cliff when it breaks and sends them over the edge. | Boing Boing

4 Likes

jeebus fracking christ on a cracker, my heart jumped up into my throat. glad they are ok!

19 Likes

Nooooppppeeeee.

12 Likes

What the flying-off-a-mountain-flock did the guy think was going to happen by swinging them sideways into the stand/support structure?!?

7 Likes

Russian thrill rides: to be avoided in any form.

13 Likes

Thrill rides in general, sez I. You never know when something’s going to snap or break.

Anyway, I have much safer ways of getting thrills.

12 Likes

I think my anticipation from the title made it worse.

6 Likes

I see some engineering flaws there. Glad everyone is OK…

12 Likes

I’m getting my thrills in much safer ways, right now!

12 Likes

10 Minutes later.

“Whew. Luckily everything landed on a platform below. We almost lost a perfectly good swing!”

5 Likes

5880ef672981142ff41ded2c0c25782c

18 Likes

Hello! :wink:
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 18.08.14

11 Likes

Roger that!

12 Likes

It doesn’t look like anything snapped, rather the swing started a side to side movement as well as back and forth and the seat edge caught the support pole. Bad design in general, the top pole should either be longer to keep the supports further out from the center, or even better, replace the chains with poles to lock the movement to strictly one axis. But then the point of the swing is to be death-defying, so mitigating risk was probably not the builder’s priority.

7 Likes

These are the kinds of things I point to when I hear “we don’t need the stickin’ government regulation”. Yes, we kind of do.

18 Likes

I rode the ski-lift from the Volga river to the top of the hill in Moscow. I’m guessing that the snow and ice hide the amount of rust on it during winter because during summer, not the most calm & zen ride. I suspect the ice also freezes the metal joints more solid to keep it ridged and safe.

5 Likes

Now if you put one of these next to a high cliff…

7 Likes

It was harrowing watching each push–WHEN WILL IT FALL!!!

9 Likes

Read you 5 x 5.

7 Likes

6 Likes