Video: Gentleman delivering food sits on porch and eats it instead

Originally published at: Video: Gentleman delivering food sits on porch and eats it instead | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Maybe if the person was paid a living wage they’d needn’t steal to feed themselves. But I’ve said that before, and before that, and the time before that.

33 Likes

The law in it’s majestic equality…

Possibly he has problems beyond not being paid a living wage as well.

I’m sure that will solve his problems /s

I’m not saying that DoorDash should continue to “hire” – sorry, “contract” someone who has stolen merchandise, but it seems like it may not be addressing the root cause here.

9 Likes

I’ve been hungry enough to steal food (grazing while working at a restaurant). In those days I only got to eat when I was working, mostly scraps from the vegetable prep and a meal if I had a long enough shift to get one. After a few days off, I would get pretty hungry. One of those days I was in the walk-in putting away some fake-crab salad. Without even thinking about it, I shoved my (gloved) hand in the bucket and grabbed a handful. My manager walked in right at that moment I had my mouth full.

We’d been friends up until then. She was really disappointed, didn’t say anything. I didn’t say anything. Never got past it and the memory still bothers me.

I read “A Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich” that summer, and a line really stuck with me. “How can you expect a man who’s warm to understand a man who’s cold ?”

29 Likes

4 Likes

Me too. And when you grow up in a country that is so committed to the idea that success is a measure of one’s essential quality, it can lead to a spiral of self-loathing.

9 Likes
4 Likes

Damn, Dat Door Dash Delivery Driver Devoured De Spuds.

Delicious.

2 Likes

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned

4 Likes

Why is he in front of the camera? Why are we watching the video? Are we enriched by being accomplices in the corporate surveillance state?

1 Like

Here’s someone captured on video stealing food… let’s comment about it.

I could make up a sympathetic narrative or tie this moment into a pre-existing narrative that speaks to current political ideologies.

I’ve been hungry and eaten food that wasn’t mine to eat and I’m so glad that was back in the day when there wasn’t a camera feeding discussion about my actions to the various platforms.

Hmmm, just made a comment.

So sad right now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.