Video: Guys whose boss made them illegally dump hazardous chemicals in the desert

[Read the post]

1 Like
  1. Typo on the article write up. Hum instead of him.

2. Dump it on your bosses lawn… anonymously of course.

3. Send video to the police/EPA with where it was shot, but do NOT post it form your account, and not have your buddy in the shot. You need plausible deniability that it wasn’t you. Because if you want this to get out and discovered, then you are going to get found out.

6 Likes

Anyone figured out the location from the shape of the mountain range in the back? Probably only possible if you live in the area and know the range.

Production Pattern & Foundry in Mound House, NV. Just posted in the Reno Gazette-Journal:

6 Likes

This kind of shit is one more argument in favor of a universal basic income.

18 Likes

If my boss asked me to break the law, I’d sit him down with his boss and have a chat about it.

I also would assume that my days there were numbered, but that wold be a good thing, if my boss was the sort who would want his underlings to break the law.

10 Likes

I suspect that if you’re living paycheck to paycheck, and your family depends on your income to keep your kids fed, that that may skew the willingness to stand up for what’s right. It’s one thing to be willing to suffer yourself for your principles, it’s another thing entirely to make your family suffer for your principles.

Not saying it still shouldn’t be done, but it does make it considerably more difficult.

16 Likes

Why dump it at all? Cutting fluid is normally filtered and reused. I’m not sure what its longevity is but I worked as a CNC machine operator for a while and don’t recall ever outright disposing of fluid. It did have to be topped up every couple of days as some of it was lost due to evaporation and misting. This might have been some other crap they put in the used HOCUT drums.

3 Likes

That is way more likely. Drums can hold ANYTHING. A foundry might use chemicals other than cutting fluid, as they do casting as well as machining. Acid may have a use in that line of work.

2 Likes

My dad told me that is first job was with a company that had him dump hazardous chemicals outside directly into the storm sewer. I guess the whole “solution to pollution is dilution” mindset was in play.
He then went to work at a nuclear facility that had the policy is that the young/new guy got to fix stuff in the reaction chamber because they have been exposed to the least amount of rads.
Isn’t it great to be young and invincible?

It is not surprising that I’m a mutant :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.