Video: Mall cop pulls gun on driver who knocked over traffic cone

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/10/06/mall-cop-pulls-gun-on-driver-w.html

6 Likes

Why the F!#$ does a mall cop have a gun?!

29 Likes

He had a family! And that man was trying to flee the scene!

43 Likes

Nobody was killed, we got that going for us.

17 Likes

Insufficient evidence huh? Even unlicensed mall cops are above the law in San Jose.

27 Likes

What the ever lasting truck?
Witnesses, including the police and video footage…
The bar are sufficient evidence is what exactly?

30 Likes

Lighten up Francis.

13 Likes

Offering more baksheesh to the DA than the mall owner did? In this era of declining public budgets, the prosecutors’ offices have to be funded somehow.

4 Likes

Jesus H Christ. Mall cops are the fucking worst.

How does one get hired as a security guard with out a license? Especially with a gun. I mean that is a HUGE liability on the malls end for this very reason. Most security guards are unarmed. They might have a baton or pepper spray. Those that are are supposed to have certification they have training on proper use. The fact that this guy had NEITHER the security guard license or the firearm security license opens the Mall up to Sue City.

21 Likes

I’ve always wanted to own a mall. I’ll have to ask the lucky survivor of this incident what that’s like after he wins this lawsuit.
Nuts. Totally nuts.
Of course, when all you have is a gun hammer, everything looks like a nail…

15 Likes

well, this is obligatory now, if a bit tacky.

Seriously though, you guys are fucked. The relationship your country has with firearms is downright sick. Do something.

13 Likes

Because teenage shoplifters are stone-cold killers, yo.

the Santa Clara County District Attorney declined to file charges in the case, citing insufficient evidence.

With video?? They’re not even trying.

23 Likes

Admit it. You guys are just trying to discourage tourism and generally keep foreigners out aren’t’cha?

14 Likes

Insufficient due to blinding whiteness.

10 Likes

To many people in the USA guns are their religion. Asking them to disarm is seen as blasphemy.

11 Likes

Unlicensed security guard with unlicensed gun fails the well regulated militia test.

Edit - Just for the record I have had a gun pointed at me in the US, by a security guard at the GM plant in Fort Wayne, because I attempted to walk through a vehicular exit instead of walking 50 metres down the wire fence, through the pedestrian exit, and 50 metres back to my car, which was just beyond the security guard. This was on my first ever business trip to the US, nearly 40 years ago. This isn’t new. Every country has power mad little Hitlers, it’s just that the US is the only developed world country to arm them.

19 Likes

if I got the reasoning by our local weapon&constitution expert correct the regulated militia thingy is completely unrelated to gun possession ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 Likes

Yeah i was wondering the same thing. There’s multiple people present including the god damn police, but somehow there’s not enough evidence. Ok then. Sure.

5 Likes

[quote=“Enkita, post:16, topic:86892”]
Every country has power mad little Hitlers, it’s just that the US is the only developed world country to arm them
[/quote]Are you certain? If i were to name any developed country can you show me that they don’t do shady shit like this either? Russia, the UK, France just to bring up a few?

2 Likes

Police recommended that Fielding be charged with unlawful brandishing of a firearm, but the Santa Clara County District Attorney declined to file charges in the case, citing insufficient evidence.

Juxtaposed with:

[picture of guard brandishing]

Well done, BB Editor. Well done.

11 Likes