Dunkin' Donuts employees pull guns on complaining customer

Originally published at: Dunkin' Donuts employees pull guns on complaining customer - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Remember, folks: “pay no attention to the guns!” [saving our ammosexuals some time.]

15 Likes

“brandishing handhubs“

I need to go read the article about teen slang because I’m apparently out of the loop.

15 Likes

My brain autocorrected that into something that sounded rather like a good time…

6 Likes

8 Likes

Indeed, were these common, or garden, domestic Hand Hubs, or were they some fancy, foreign imports?

4 Likes

Texas gonna Texas.

Looney Tunes Animation GIF

13 Likes

When I searched on that term to try to figure out if it was a typo or if I’m just an old person who’s not hip to the lingo, DuckDuckGo helpfully noted that it was including search results for said good time. :joy:

3 Likes

That’s probably more in line with the article about testes-havers and the recommendations for cancer prevention.

3 Likes

OK well I’m not gonna pretend I didn’t laugh at that sentence

4 Likes

… what’s the funny part :confused:

14 Likes

Excuse Me What GIF by CBS

I must be missing the humor…

14 Likes

how are these employees allowed to carry guns while on the clock?
so this is the future that gun people want, right? i definitely have less and less reasons to go to Texas, let alone a Dunkin Donuts.

11 Likes

“I’m sorry, sir, this is Dunkin’ Gun-nuts. You probably want the doughnut store round the corner.”

17 Likes

The country runs FROM Dunkin’…

10 Likes

There is no “allow” anymore. Carrying a gun is the default position. Which is why, more and more these days, I stay at home.

8 Likes

Exactly. I doubt Dunkin corporate knew its employees were packing. Many gun owners would probably disregard the “no guns on premises” sign anyway.

8 Likes

So they were already in the wrong place.

Long ago a friend was working in a big furniture store. Guy walks in the front door with a gun, demanding money. Clerk in the back of the store calls the Dunkin Donuts across the street. A minute later, cops arrive.

13 Likes

Home for me is Canada. I won’t visit my USAian family because of this and related concerns.

6 Likes

They aren’t allowed - they just, you know, did it.

Suspects were 20, 19, and 17. You have to be 21 or over to buy a hand gun. You have to be over 18 to posses a hand gun. You have to be over 21 carry a handgun in Texas.

So all three were in violations of multiple laws before they decided to commit aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

8 Likes