Video: Police arrest black man for walking home from his Walmart job in the snow

Originally published at: Video: Police arrest black man for walking home from his Walmart job in the snow | Boing Boing

9 Likes

What’s the difference between a cop and a gang member?

The gang member has a responsibility to the community.

49 Likes

Also seems easier to get out of a gang. In policing, you get fired from one place and can just go to another to wreak havoc.

10 Likes

Yeah, “protect and serve.”

Instead he got “harass and arrest.”

26 Likes

Check police records to see how many times they’ve stopped and questioned him walking home from work without even the guise of helping.

20 Likes

white people: “let us help you.”
people of color: “no thank you.”
white people: “get on the ground!

18 Likes

6 Likes

Around the holidays they made a big deal about a local sheriffs office buying this lady a van so they didn’t keep getting calls about a woman walking along the highway to her job at a truck stop 6 miles away.

Guess what was different in those two stories…

28 Likes

The award for top notch fuckery goes to…

BTW: When did walking home from work become a crime?

16 Likes

Since this happened in America, I’m guessing a pedestrian route from his work to home probably didn’t even exist. America is one of the only countries to make it illegal to not own a car (like everything else, selectively enforced, of course).

40 Likes

Yeah, 80% of the areas around office parks and heavily trafficked shopping areas in the Savannah area have little to no pedestrian walkways. It should be illegal to build out commercial space without appropriate transit paths for bikes and walking traffic.

My ‘favorite’ is when they put up a glamour shots grand signage entrance to a commercial park with benches and walkways that link to nothing and go nowhere. Community Friendliness Theater™.

24 Likes

I’d be walking in the road too. Road was plowed, sidewalk snowy. Very very few people driving at night in TX under these conditions. This is some bullshit.

13 Likes

Texas is especially bad. Highways, freeways, and toll roads are the physical barriers of redlining that keep segregation alive and well.

This kind of shows the old redlines of Dallas with the existing road map (there’s a better one from years ago I’m trying to find, so may edit) Mapping Inequality

18 Likes

The people who would be driving are in jacked up 4x4s driving 85 miles an hour on sheet ice thinking 4 wheel drive has anything to do with their ability to turn or stop.

5 Likes

No, they should have left him the fuck alone. Assholes.

6 Likes

WWB. It’s in the same category as Driving While Black.

9 Likes

Doing ANYTHING while black!

10 Likes

Same shit, different day.

16 Likes

I left the video early because I couldn’t stand to watch another black man die at the hands of police.

4 Likes

“Do you need any help?”
“No, I don’t trust you, please leave me alone”
“Do you need any help?”
“No I don’t trust you, please leave me alone”
“why are you disrespecting us and being aggressive? Do you have something to hide?”
“No, I don’t trust you, please leave me alone”
“Alright buddy, hands against the car. What possible reason could you have for not trusting us unless you are a criminal?”

18 Likes