Video shows Carpentersville cops raid home without warrant and choke teen

Thank you for using the power of your privilege for good! :hugs:

6 Likes

OJT baybee!

SPOILS THE BUNCH!
SPOILS THE BUNCH!
SPOILS THE BUNCH!

2 Likes

Fear of lawsuit, however baseless it may be.

I’m only speaking from my UK perspective. Broadcast of identifiable faces prior or during legal action can impact the trial/civil case. Mostly through juries being “tainted” with prior uncontrolled information about the case specifics.

None of the good cops would have quit if a bad cop were to be fired. The chief was tacitly admitting there were few if any good cops in his department.

1 Like

There are multiple states in which minimum cop training is less than required to be to service customers in a barbershop or beauty salon.

1 Like

The PTB actively exclude those who possess sufficient intellectual firepower to exercise critical thinking skills. It is in the design.

5 Likes

The New London PD is not the only department that does this.

Courts (including US Supremes IIRC) have ruled that while ignorance of the law is no excuse for non-cops, it is an excuse for cops and prosecutors and judges, and for the first two, might not even justify voiding a trial result when their is police or prosecutor misconduct.

3 Likes

I once had the enlightening experience of attending a New Year’s party populated almost exclusively by a bunch of drunken police officers all feeling free to be their authentic selves. That was back in the early seventies, and I remain appalled until this very day. I never saw so many out and out bigots and assh0les (can I say that here?) assembled together in one place in my entire life. (This was in Tucson.)

I’ve never looked at police in quite the same way again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.