Video shows former Trump DOJ's Jeff Clark as Feds come knocking to search his house

Originally published at: Video shows former Trump DOJ's Jeff Clark as Feds come knocking to search his house | Boing Boing

9 Likes

It’s a start.

34 Likes

More of this please

27 Likes

Knock-knock, you fascist arse-licker. And no, no pants for you!

This is the toady who offered to undermine the election in exchange for Biff making him Attorney General. The only reason it didn’t happen is because other DoJ lawyers (including his appointees) told the orange narcissist that they’d all resign rather than serve under Clark and that – most importantly – this would be embarrassing for his image.

33 Likes

This is a good reminder not to answer the door in anything you wouldn’t want to be seen in public wearing.

Oh, and also not to try to skeezily overturn an election in service to your fascist orange overlord.

32 Likes

One would think a guy with a legal background would do a better job of covering his ass.

26 Likes

I felt bad for him being all pantsless for a second but then remembered he tried to negate half the country’s vote and my empathy waned right quick. What kind of weirdo opens the door to strangers in his boxers anyway?

30 Likes

It’s amusing that someone who jonesed to be Attorney General doesn’t seem to know how a search warrant works.

16 Likes

I think the correct answer to that is, “the pervy kind.”

Welcome to boing boing!

18 Likes

Couldn’t they just audit his thermostat?

They probably have a practiced knock that says “you’d get answer this while you still have a door”.

14 Likes
3 Likes

13 Likes

something-missing

20 Likes

I did it once in boxer briefs. To be fair, it was during covid and I wasn’t expecting anyone, and I thought I had my sweat shorts over them. Oops.

It was a guy telling me they were going to replace the deck leading up to my door of my apt the next day. If he noticed, he didn’t let on.

But yeah, too bad, so sad. Don’t try to over throw democracy.

12 Likes

Could only have been improved by a no-knock warrant served by a SWAT team.

21 Likes

As my nesting partner pointed out, he didn’t even ask to see the warrant. I assume he knows damn well how a search warrant works, but obviously those rules aren’t supposed to apply to people like him!

14 Likes

Good point, and welcome aboard, Comrade.

4 Likes

They’re saving that for Mar-a-Lago. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

8 Likes

From the CNN article, it sounds like no one besides himself thought he would be a very good Attorney General. It doesn’t sound like his legal experience involved many search warrants.

“I made the point that Jeff Clark is not even competent to serve as the Attorney General. He’s never been a criminal attorney. He’s never conducted a criminal investigation in his life. He’s never been in front of a grand jury, much less a trial jury,” Donoghue said in a video deposition clip that was played Thursday during the House select committee hearing, recalling what he told Trump during the critical Oval Office meeting.

Donoghue said he told Clark, “You’re an environmental lawyer. How about you go back to your office, and we’ll call you when there’s an oil spill.”

11 Likes

And given his affinity for Trumpanzees, he would be defending the oil company.

10 Likes