Video: true bird's eye view

[Permalink]

Spoiler: “Bird’s eye view” means “view of a bird’s eye”, rather than this:

1 Like

The epilogue of the story: The camera was eventually accepted by the eagles and raised as one of their own. It can now hunt for itself (for batteries and SD cards, mostly) and is expected to raise its own family of eagle/camera hybrids.

5 Likes

Just to let you know Maggie, when refering to Australian Aboriginals, we generally use an uppercase A for aboriginal. Whilst the term certainly derived from the latin, it now refers specifically to mainland and Tasmanian aboriginals. Hence, Aboriginal people, Aboriginal Flag, Aboriginal Culture, etc. It’s also used to distinguish Aboriginals from Torres Straight Islander aboriginals.

1 Like

That is way cool – the more I learn about birds, the less appropriate the term “bird brain” seems to be…

Did you mean to address this to David? (Although Maggie posts lots of science stuff, she didn’t post this).

I certainly did. Must have glanced at the wrong article when checking the
author.
tubacat http://bbs.boingboing.net/users/tubacat
December 3

Did you mean to address this to David? (Although Maggie posts lots of
science stuff, she didn’t post this).

To respond, reply to this email or visit
Video: true bird's eye view in your
browser.

I might also add that the proper way to address ‘aboriginal rangers’ in this context is ‘rangers’. Whilst this particular group of rangers does appear to be Aboriginal, their ethnicity isn’t appear relevant to the story.

This reference was made in the original ABC story, which is really quite surprising. They’re usually pretty good (read: far better than the Murdoch press) at just sticking to the facts.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.