Watch this owl's incredibly precise flying

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/18/watch-this-owls-incredibly-p.html

11 Likes

I am so glad I am not a mouse…

8 Likes

Superb!

As always.

Psst. it’s because they hunt in the under-story.

5 Likes

Owls are too polite to shout “Get out of the way!!”, preferring to show off their smooth moves.
Tl;dr Unruffled.

10 Likes

It’s like that owl does this for a living or something.

(Actually, my thought watching the video was less about the adroit flying as about those big pointy claws zooming in at substantial velocity.)

6 Likes

I always wanted to be an owl.

10 Likes

Owls are basically cats with wings.

13 Likes

My owl friend disagrees with you.

3 Likes

Because you get to eat all the bones?

4 Likes

Owls are so cool.

6 Likes

“owl” in Mandarin roughly translates to “Cat-headed eagle”

貓頭鷹

Māotóuyīng

9 Likes

jpeg

23 Likes

edit - Not just owls

9 Likes

Poor Errol. I bet all the owls pick on him.

7 Likes

That’s awesome! I remember watching either a Nature or Nova about raptors, and they had an amazing long shot of some kind of forest/jungle eagle flying through dense foliage. It was like that GIF, but all vines and mossy branches,

4 Likes

watch the owls face as it lands its looks like its smiling and saying YES !

5 Likes

This is like that thing that “Ant Man” does, shrinking down to ant size as he runs toward a keyhole, jumping through the keyhole, then re-sizing on the other side of the door. Owls: natures OG superheroes. Unless you’re a mouse, I mean.

4 Likes

One day outside our house we heard the worst racket, all the crows were VERY UPSET about something.

It was an owl who had decided to pay a visit in the daytime. Sitting in a tree, and completely unperturbed by the corvid protest.

Finally left after a couple hours. I wonder if he decided to stay longer than he had intended, just to piss them off.

6 Likes

https://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/Herne_the_Hunted

5 Likes

I like to remember this when I’m having chicken, so I can gloat. Ha ha, dinosaur, who is eating whom now?

5 Likes