Watch this owl's incredibly precise flying

Owls are the chillest birds

Well, most owls.
9 Likes

I liked how he was wiggling his feet on the glide in. Not sure if that was for fun, or small micro corrections in the path.

One time at the library they had a couple owls that came to visit, and the kiddo was into owls at the time. It was fun. Also had a hawk or an eagle, I can’t remember now which it was.

7 Likes

i’ve lost track of how many times i’ve watched this since the GIF started circulating around, but it never gets old. i am just floored every time. the owl is so chill about it.

5 Likes

spamhog

11 Likes

I mean, for a 2 pound animal on enough acid to kill the average man, I’d say he’s staying pretty cool…

3 Likes
3 Likes

Owls, pah!
Goshawks in woodland are the most adept and precise.

8 Likes

"I BET I CAN TURN MY HEAD ALL THE WAY ROUND!! WATCH!! I am so stealthy…"

7 Likes

Guess what my avatar is thinking right now.

Of course.

A man of superb taste.

8 Likes

OWL-t standing!

2 Likes

that’s the look of someone that ate all the magic mice.

4 Likes

Hah, this was exactly the video I was going to post. :slight_smile:
But yeah, owls and hawks hunting among the undergrowth are amazing fliers. All the ones who spun out after they clipped a wing on a tree didn’t survive to raise owlets or hawklets. :owl::eagle:

3 Likes

Can’t decide if I want to post this:

or this one:

10 Likes

Key holes on locks 1910 maybe. oh Hollywood :disappointed:

walking in woods morning after snow storm, a hole beside a stick had mouse tracks in the new snow. The tracks vanished and marks of wing feathers etched the snow surface, slight indent in snow where the mouse tracks vanish. Beautiful and tragic snow image. Was before pocket cell phones unfortunately.

5 Likes

4 Likes

https://simonscat.com/films/simons-cat-blind-date/

When you’re not sure about who’s sitting across the table from you…

5 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

I think what you’re referring to might be the jesses (leather straps bird trainers use to tie birds down ) swinging around?

1 Like

Hmm. Yes, I think you’re right.