Videocam footage of wild 1980s teen house party ending with the police showing up, as they do

MY recollection is that we were all milling around in the street in Wichita after taking some blotter acid, when something told me we should all leave, right there and then.
The only one I could convince was my friend Mike, so we took off in my car to go do whatever it is I can’t remember.
Not 15 minutes later, the gang got busted and spent the night in the holding cell tripping balls. Not sure if the cops were aware of that piece of information, though.

2 Likes

After watching this, I suddenly don’t feel so regretful knowing that I most certainly spent that exact night at the campus library.

4 Likes

Er, what…?

Surprise ending: the black guy survived.

8 Likes

Ye gods, the hair.

Mullets with headlights. Over-surprised guys.

(Still annoyed YT kicked the creators account. Some brilliant stuff. I can’t ever unhear the Penny Lane literal version.)

The “kids these days” had Four Loko. Pretty sure a bunch of them died.

the hair, the clothes, the music - the unbridled optimism — 80s were pretty swell

1 Like

cussin an hollerin. So Tom Sawyer. So USA.

About to say: internet k-hole in motion…

3 Likes

I also Liked your comment because… well… I spent those 80’s in Texas!

1 Like

I’m surprised there wasn’t a U-boat commander.

If a return policy has a loophole, it’s perfectly fine to exploit it. The corporation has smart people who draw up these contracts and assess the costs and benefits of various clauses.

If the situation was reversed, and the spirit (but not the letter) of the return policy was NOT in your favor, the company would not hesitate to stick to the letter of the law.

Following the “spirit” of rules when corporations do not is a recipe for failure in life.

(Think of it like poker: there are four types of betting, the most optimal being “tight-aggressive”. What parent is describing is more of a “tight-passive” style of betting.)

1 Like

If a particular person wants to go through life doing such things that’s their prerogative. It is however wasteful, a lot of returned items flat out get trashed. The ones that do get refurbished are shipped all over to get cleaned, and certified, then shipped again. So its technically and contractually allowed but i don’t think its responsible if someone is frivolously using the return system for their gain.

I used to work processing returns for retail and its an incredibly wasteful system. If you want to use it as a way to “stick it to the man” be aware that it’s impacting more than just that company. It’s ending up in a landfill.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.