Vindictive Trump dragged on providing aid to 188,000 Americans displaced by Oroville dam crisis

But trump LOVES disabled people. I’ve seen him empathize by reenactment…something about imitation being the highest form of flattery.

7 Likes

True, Schwartzenegger’s guys downplayed the risk 12 years ago but the Feds dropped the ball too. The people raising a ruckus over dam safety were mostly those whackadoodle namby-pamby environmentalists like the Sierra Club.

19 Likes

But everyone is getting a lot of use from the High Speed Rail. Money well spent.

1 Like

KIF: Captain, may I have a word with you?
ZAPP: No.
KIF: It’s an emergency, sir.
ZAPP: Come back when it’s a catastrophe!

16 Likes

Are you under the impression that California got the bond money to invest in its long-term transportation infrastructure by defunding the state’s dams? Because that’s not really how it works.

19 Likes

Governor (wherever he is) needs to make up his mind:
Is California a separate nation?
A sanctuary state for illegal aliens?
Or part of the US, with Trump as his president?

3 Likes

If the dam had burst, would the Republican posters still be here, point scoring?

8 Likes

So you’re saying it’s an appropriate response for a President to put his own citizens in danger if he reckons that their governor didn’t show him enough respect?

20 Likes

In a word?

#Yep.

18 Likes

Lots of folks would have us think the money to fix the dam was spent on naturalizing undocumented folks and throwing parties to welcome them.

17 Likes

Dam doesn’t burst: Those wacky California liberals were making a big deal out of nothing.

Dam does burst: This is the fault of those wacky California liberals for spending money on trains and education instead of directing every single tax dollar to that particular dam.

Some people here seem to be pulling a “Schröedinger’s Catastrophe” and arguing both sides at once.

28 Likes

That’s the Red part of California, where Trump won

4 Likes

Come on. No one would actually believe…

Dammit. Faith in humanity down another three points.

19 Likes

If there is to be one guy at whose feet to lay this one, it’s Schwarzenegger…

4 Likes

I’m actually going to blame Phil Hauptman, who is the janitor on the dam for not bringing things up sooner while at the water cooler.

All that guy ever wants to talk about is that one time he saw the Dead. Enough already man. Enough.

9 Likes

I call BS. Nobody who talks about seeing the Dead has only seen them once.

15 Likes

Re ‘nothing happened’ I think the evacuation also took many more hours than the flooding would have taken. Had the emergency spillway actually failed a lot of people would have died.

1 Like

No surprise. With Trump EVERYTHING is personal and EVERYTHING is transactional. It isn’t even “What have you done for me lately?” it’s “What more can you do for me?”

11 Likes

To be fair, that does sound like a pretty fun way to spend money and make new friends.

2 Likes