Viral MAGA image suggests withering of human sentience, impossibility of negotiation

16 Likes

Same vibe:

14 Likes

Wow, you’d think a doctor would be a bit more respectful. Someday that “baby” might well become a resistance leader and help free Mars.

25 Likes

While the family of horrors are the key feature here, I also notice that bench is not completely in this dimension. There’s a real “impossible trident” feel to it.

28 Likes

It’s OBVIOUSLY fake. Where are the kids assault rifles?

29 Likes

@beschizza You’re the best.

17 Likes

wait a sec–

hey!

14 Likes

It’s also indisputable that they’re being cooed over by AI, too. I’ve seen screenshots of the phenomenon, and the examples I saw appeared to be mostly (or all) “AI”. (I really like the idea of Facebook devolving into an AI echo chamber, where all manner of weird visual horrors get spawned and then “liked” by algorithms, in return causing more and more extreme versions to be created for the AI audience.)

I just find it impossible to believe that any human being would unironically promote or like this image. Unless we’re talking about older conservatives who are legally blind (and experiencing a bit of age-related cognitive decline), and only have a vague sense of some outlines of smiling blond people that they’re not considering too closely even then. There’s no part of this image that isn’t a horror show. (Maybe with the exception of a bit of background foliage.)

I bet the people who make those “mutants in the woods who eat lost hikers” movies are looking at this and wondering if they can recreate any part of it with their budgets.

That’s unfair to the fine fish-people of Innsmouth. This is some Dunwich Horror shit, right here.

If Lovecraft saw this image, it would have traumatized him enough to make him rethink his position on white supremacy.

That kind of apparent spacial warping is completely typical of “AI” generated images. For me it’s the most interesting aspect of AI images, except it’s such a ubiquitous identifier, it instantly became a cliché.

9 Likes

9 Likes

finally an image that shows the conservative accurately

Twisted, dumb, soulless flesh golems

7 Likes

Jesus Christ what is wrong with their faces?

8 Likes

Those poor souls are obviously victims of a horrible Teleporter accident:

I teleported home one night, With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie’s heart away, And I got Sidney’s leg."

15 Likes

FWIW, there’s the obvious third evil: RFK jr. His current polling suggests he’s pulling more votes from Dumpty than Biden, contrary to his apparent intentions, but when the Democrats need to engage more casual voters, he can also be someone to get really mad at. Especially if the votes are close. Because some people really lean into evil and others are stuck on a single issue and willfully ignorant about the bigger picture.

I am going to be disappointed, though, if Cthulhu isn’t updated for the election memes. -update- Spoke too soon. Somebody wants to sell a few t-shirts this year. :smiley:

7 Likes

I am an eldritch horror, and I approve this message.

14 Likes

I’ve seen this image shared on Reddit as a “Dear God, what is wrong with conservatives?!” but not actually out in the wild. Never attached to a post shared by someone. Can anyone confirm that this has actually been shared unironically and this isn’t an image that was generated and then given the backstory that we have accepted as true?

8 Likes

… there’s no shortage of this stuff if we look for it

… it’s pretty hard to prove something is not ironic

16 Likes

They appear every July 4th beckoning you to join them, and so far everyone who did has been so delighted they never came back.

17 Likes

… Stephen King and Stanley Kubrick keep trying to sell me a timeshare at their campground :grimacing:

13 Likes

Eh, just Chris (Simpsons artist) working his magic as usual:

10 Likes

–Nick Cave, probably

26 Likes