Voice of Postman Pat, charming British claymation series, dies at 83

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/30/voice-of-postman-pat-charming.html

6 Likes
1 Like

Postman Pat was one of the few television programmes set in Cumbria (in what used to be Westmorland). There was a real life post office in Kendal that was used as the inspiration for the one in the show, but it closed in 2003.

I wonder what Postman Pat would have been like if Ken Barrie had used local dialects?

5 Likes

Postman pat goes sledging has to be peak pat. Or postman pat’s snowy day as i used to call it.

4 Likes

Heavily subtitled, probably. But all kinds of awesome. There’s just not enough regional accents and dialect on TV.

5 Likes

Why would this need some hell demon?
Why can’t he just clear sheep from the road with his cat?
Why can’t we be happy with that?

2 Likes

Today in the news I didn’t share with my children. :disappointed:

1 Like

Postman Pat goes to Shap.

Greendale was based on a lot of Cumbrian villages and towns, and I find it hard to believe that episode wasn’t based on an experience of a Shap winter.

1 Like

I vaguely remember the winters we used to have even though i’m not from that part of the country: familiar landscape. Postman pat goes sledging is seriously meditative; watching him and ted’s silent sisyphean task delivering supplies. Bye, pat. :cry:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.