Voyager 2 is back up and running!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/08/voyager-2-is-back-up-and-runni.html

10 Likes

Similar thing happened to my neighbor last week. Her stove stop triggered the RCD in her flat, taking the mains out.

12 Likes

43 years and still going. Let’s see a private sector company like Space-X or Boeing meet that record.

20 Likes

Maybe they just needed some me time.

11 Likes

[“aliens”.gif]

6 Likes

Huzza!!!

4 Likes

38 Likes

I’m back up and running right now.

14 Likes

Came here for this

9 Likes

67 years, and counting …

65 years, and counting …

59 years, and counting …

255 years, and counting …
etc.

16 Likes

Have any of those aircraft had any maintenance done or parts replaced? Last time anybody touched the Voyagers was before they were launched.

26 Likes

That’s not strictly true though, is it? Also space is, while a hostile environment, in some significant ways more benign than being on earth - there’s no corrosion, and no turbulence, for instance.

6 Likes

They were also built with double redundancy on many systems, and in some cases are now operating on those redundant circuits.

6 Likes

You think it needs a little more space? We can do that, no problem.

15 Likes

Thanks, nuclear power! We couldn’t have done it without you.

7 Likes

Kind of astonishing that 70s space tech that is 11.5 billion miles away from home is still talking to us.

… and, hopefully, polite enough to not rub it in. “Nyah, nyah! You’ve got Trump! I don’t! [static] ha! ha!!”

10 Likes

There’s a chance her stove shouldn’t be connected to a shared RCD. Consult an electrician.

1 Like

Boeing are struggling to reach 0.

3 Likes

JPL knows how to build stuff.

6 Likes

Yes there is. Just not by wind and rain.

7 Likes