VP Mike Pence to visit Auschwitz death camp on Europe trip

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/11/vp-mike-pence-to-visit-auschwi.html

“The vice president will essentially call out Iran for their actions. He will give a message to those groups that are there, that, you know, if you stand with us, we’ll stand with you,” a White House official said.

3 Likes

Yeah, he’s out taking notes on what he wants to setup for gay people and women who get abortions.

35 Likes

Hopefully Pence will think of something more respectful to write in the guest book than the middle-school-yearbook-style note Trump left following his visit to the Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial.

16 Likes

I wonder if Trump will loan Pence his copy of Hitler’s speeches, you know, to enjoy on the plane ride over.

23 Likes

I suspect “interesting” quotes shall ensue.

8 Likes

I know what he will be thinking:
“The worst thing was, none of them went to heaven because none of them were Christians.”

20 Likes

What a philosophy.

All the nazi guards get to go to heaven as long as they’re sincerely believing christians. And all the non-believing jews get to go straight to hell.

My dad’s a fundie christian. I’ll have to ask him that one.

25 Likes

Pence knows when to keep his mouth shut, which is always. His statement will be something like, “Auschwitz is a place and there is history.”

@LDoBe want to mess with a Christian? Ask him if God could forgive Hitler.

17 Likes

It’s for “research” I presume?

5 Likes

“The concentration camp is closed, come back tomorrow”
“Tell them we’re Jews.”

-Graham Chapman

17 Likes

Trump’s handwriting is easier to read, so I guess there’s that.

3 Likes

Of course. Being a fundie isn’t about values or finding morality in religion.

Its looking for excuses to act like a dick to other people with some measure of social acceptance.

11 Likes

By all means, let’s use the unspeakable tragedy of one ethnoreligious group as a stick to bludgeon another ethnoreligious group. While they’re at it, they should see if Candace Owens is available to say a few words. I hear she’s been doing “some great thinking” about these issues.

Fuck these assholes.

10 Likes

Getting ideas for how to proceed with refugees, immigrants, and eventually Jews, Muslims, and political enemies

4 Likes

More accurately, inspiration and ideas for his mood board.

4 Likes

Um, the Warsaw Uprising actually began in 1944, not 1943.

1 Like

When I came back from Japan and commented to my great-aunt on how amazing it was to be able to travel the world to places that in past times were closed off because we were enemies (I had also recently been to Russia), she eventually steered the conversation to the way they treated our troops in WWII and how some americans wouldn’t ever forgive that and how the Japanese committed these atrocities because they were not Christians. Despite a family that is solidly german going back aways she didn’t show even a hint of awareness of the irony.

It’s baked into the religion that there will always be a solid difference between a christian who strays and commits evil and someone who was evil but wasn’t christian to begin with. And the former will always be in much higher esteem than the latter in certain peoples’ eyes.

17 Likes

Never forget that transgender people were among the first to go to the Nazi death camps whenever you hear transphobic rhetoric from the government.

28 Likes

My English teacher at primary school would have given him an F just for the CaMeL cAsE

7 Likes

What for?