Mike Pence doesn't believe in the separation of Church and State

Originally published at: Mike Pence doesn't believe in the separation of Church and State | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Amazing how many of those fundies don’t believe the “thou shall not bear false witness” part of the bible.
He’s talking shite of course, but “originalist” constitutional interpretation apart from being a remarkably dumb idea is, and always was, an utterly fraudulent project.

46 Likes

That headline is many things, but it isn’t news. Pence and his fellow Nat-Cs have made it clear for a while that they want Gilead. There aren’t any Commander Lawrences amongst them making a pretense of being moderate in their ambitions, either.

39 Likes

tumblr_o2uoybOkqF1uwb2zlo1_500

49 Likes

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

What he really means is pro-Nat-C majority, and I am afraid he may be right.

48 Likes

How I would love one of these interviewers to ask people like this what they envision the ideal theocratic US looking like - and some followup questions like, “Do you consider Catholics to be Christian? How about Mormons? Episcopalians?”

32 Likes

I’m guessing Jehovahs Witness, Satanism, Hinduism etc etc are a hard No…

21 Likes

Papasan’ism isn’t in there either, damn shame if ya ask me.

33 Likes

He also doesn’t believe in the separation of church and hate.

40 Likes

Behave Handmaids Tale GIF by HULU
Well, it’s off to the colonies for me, I guess.

20 Likes

things are going badly at an increasingly rapid clip

11 Likes

I hope the theocrats and the fascists eat each other. Or at least split the asshole vote, so decent humans can be in charge.

17 Likes

“Well, the radical left believes that the freedom of religion is the freedom from religion. But it’s nothing the American founders ever thought of…”

Once again, the right displays a wilful ignorance of history. America’s "founding fathers were deists, atheists and masons.

33 Likes

Where the hell does America’s vast natural resources come into play in this discussion? Seems it’s just a side of word salad he’s throwing into the mix here. Pence, too, is an American Nat-C.

13 Likes

This used to be something that just had to be said to appease the (willfully) ignorant base. Kind of like when banning abortion was only rhetoric.

5 Likes

If you honor the holy days, I’m in!

YARN | The, uh, Feast of Maximum Occupancy. | The Simpsons (1989) - S04E03 Comedy | Video clips by quotes | f3446976 | 紗

15 Likes

Wouldn’t that be cannibalism?

8 Likes

A big part of what makes America great, in terms of being rich and influential, is all the stuff it stole from the Natives. I think that’s his way of addressing that in a way that makes sure he doesn’t have to acknowledge it.

15 Likes

The theocrats will say it’s ok because the flesh will transmogrify into something kosher, and the fascists will be ok with it as they’re only killing and cannibalizing their enemies to trigger the libs.

6 Likes

Are fascists kosher? Oh wait, the theocrats choose to ignore the inconvenient portions of the bible. Carry on…

14 Likes