Mike Pence says media coverage of January 6 Capitol riot is designed to "demean the character and intentions of 74 million Americans"

Originally published at: Mike Pence says media coverage of January 6 Capitol riot is designed to "demean the character and intentions of 74 million Americans" | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Stockholm Syndrome, Death-Cult variant. Almost as rampant as Covid amongst the GOP establishment.

45 Likes

Gee Mike,

• First time the US Capital has been breached in 200 years.
  • A violent insurrection designed to overturn the certified results of an presidential election.
  • The culmination of years of trump propaganda, lies and misinformation.
  • More than 600 people have been arrested and charged with a crime as a result.
  • Five people have lost their lives.
  • Over a 100 LOE injured.
  • A country scarred forever.

Just another day? Cool story bro. And dude, those people wanted to hang you NOT hang with you.

(Is Hannity getting a bit melty looking since trump left office?)

72 Likes

I’m praying the Mike Pence away, Right Now!

42 Likes

Did it not sink in for Pence that the intentions of at least some of those Americans was to kill Mike Pence for not overturning the election results? Or does he think they meant a different VP Mike Pence?

40 Likes

Seems like a textbook example of what the Trumpists refer to as a [c-word that rhymes with “duck” but triggers automatic moderation].

If anyone was worried Pence would have enough backbone to pose a real challenge in 2024 I guess we can probably put those fears to rest.

28 Likes

You left off:

• Your boss trying to get his followers to kill you so he could stay in power.
47 Likes

VP: Are they chanting “Hang Pence?”

Aide: Oh no sir, they’re saying “Dang fence!” They just really want to get in to pay their respects.

VP: I guess that explains why they’re knocking all those barriers down…

Aide: Those are some real dedicated fans alright! Now let’s just get you out of here before you get inundated with requests for autographs…

48 Likes

Pence

57 Likes

Cued at 23:44

18 Likes

I like how he said “relationship”, not “friendship”. Nor mentions him as a “friend”.

They should have let these Americans follow through on their intentions and send Mike Pence out to talk to them.

8 Likes

coming from the guy who was afraid to get in a get-away car with his secret service handlers.

24 Likes

Trump explicitly told Pence he didn’t want to be his friend anymore, because Trump is a spoiled preschooler in a flabby orange man-suit.

28 Likes

well mike, if that’s how you remember it then why didn’t you walk up to the front of that mob and say “here i am!”?

19 Likes

Sounds like somebody’s angling to run for an office of some sort.

Speaking of; when the orange goblin tries to rise again, who’s going to obediently have his back this round?

18 Likes

Mike Pence is an idiot and a useful fool.

#NeverVoteRepublican

18 Likes

… and speaking of other suspicious characters hanging around major government buildings…

21 Likes

Reek says what?

25 Likes

Quite possibly… although his interviews may also be part of his continuing slavish obeisance to Trump… and/or orders from the GOP to muck up Democracy in the lead-up to the next elections.

11 Likes

Have any of the enablers/planners/potential beneficiaries of this riot been brought to justice? No, and they won’t be; there is a political courtesy extended to politicians who transgress, because “the next time it might be us”. What we will see is a few people who are obviously easily lead, poor decision makers convicted…this will enable the whole incident to be recast in people’s minds as ‘just a few hotheads’ who got out of control. You need leadership who treats this insurrection with anger and determination, and you don’t have it.

14 Likes