Mike Pence says media coverage of January 6 Capitol riot is designed to "demean the character and intentions of 74 million Americans"

If Pence were asked to defend the actions of any of the individuals who were arrested he would squirm and change the subject. So here he’s saying that these are just “the bad apples” and don’t represent the GOP.

In fact they represent about half of the GOP.

You can bet the other half would silently go along with it, if it looked like victory.

22 Likes

30 Likes
38 Likes

Yes, Pence is dense enough to think that he is a viable option for the GOP nomination, should Trump die or decide not to run in 2024. He’s courting Trump’s followers. He really is shameless – and clueless. The Trump base see Pence as a weak man who didn’t do their lord and savior’s bidding on January 6th. Mike is toast, politically, but he can’t see it.

16 Likes

“Any last words before we hang you, traitor?”

“Yes. I just want to say that you are all fine, upstanding patriots.”

21 Likes

Mike Pence was not so much a victim of the riots as much as a foot dragging co-conspirator. He had to be talked out of refusing to certify the vote by Dan Quayle

Well Dan, I still won’t apologize for the ribbing you got as Vice President. You deserved it. However you redeemed your reputation as being one who acted to save the Republic.

23 Likes

The media coverage isn’t stating that everyone who believes Trump about the election results is a traitorous idiot.

I am, though.

16 Likes

What character? There is none.

You have to make moral choices in order to demonstrate character. And trumpists have decided the gop will be their conscience.

So they demonstrated they’re imcapable of it.

18 Likes

This makes me giggle at the discussion around Pence being VP in the first place. Remember when people wanted you to believe that Pence would be the “experienced, moderating influence” in the White House?

22 Likes

That cʉck mike pence is the biggest cʉck that ever cʉcked

7 Likes

Which c…uck word did you mean?
If you ever go to a Winnipeg woodworking show, make sure not to cluck at a cruck or you’ll find yourself in a canuck clusterfuck

24 Likes

You say that like conservatives weren’t there a long time ago

“With notably rare exceptions (2008, for example), the global ‘invisible hand’ has created relatively stable exchange rates, interest rates, prices, and wage rates.” -Alan Greenspan

"How much in society should any of us be held liable today when we lived a good life, an upstanding life by all accounts, and then something that maybe is an arguable issue took place in high school? Should that deny us chances later in life?” -Ari Fleisher (on Brett Kavanaugh being a rapist)

“Sphodrias is guilty, of course; but it is a hard thing to put to death a man who as a child, stripling, and man lived a life of perfect honor.” -Agesilaus of Sparta (on someone who tried a military coup against an ally)

“One day, a man has everything. Then the next day, he blows up a billion dollar space station. And then the next day, he has nothing. Makes you think, huh, Kipp?” -Captain Zapp Brannigan

“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?” -Anon.

I have memory of some amazing quote about the Bush administration being practically free of terrorist attacks, but it’s been buried under Giuliani saying there were none.

28 Likes

Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence! See, I am an excellent person.

Cʉck-doodle-doo!

11 Likes

Watched the video.

“We get it. You vape.”

5 Likes

well, according to pence 74 million americans wanted to kill him, and we know 81 million other americans simply wanted him out of office. so basically everybody hates pence.

we’re all in good company i guess

17 Likes

I think he just wants a well paying position that involves no significant work, like being VP. He may not be courting Trump followers so much as not wanting to be shot or hung by them. So he’s going to get paid by the Heritage Foundation to do nothing of importance, but will continue to make nice with Trump, as long as Trump has murderous sycophants.

13 Likes

In a world where Donald Trump died of Covid and so the Oops! All Trump dark comedy we were trapped in ended early, that would have been a great name for the sequel.

13 Likes

it’s always projection with republicans, so for all the people saying clinton had a body double or was replaced by an android… im guessing that’s exactly what happened with trump

note, we really haven’t seen much of him since covid except waving from the backseats of government vehicles. and would trump really tell people to get vaccinated?

im guessing he’s a poorly functioning robot now, no longer just a poorly functioning person

12 Likes

This is where we are at? Being glad about Dan Quayle?

19 Likes

I second that motion

6 Likes