Watch Mike Pence speak over hecklers as they shout "traitor!"

Originally published at: Watch Mike Pence speak over hecklers as they shout "traitor!" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

It’s hard to have any sympathy for Pence,
which is probably why I don’t

58 Likes

How can Pence be so uncaring of the fact that these are the same people who were literally ready to murder him in January?

Also, the crowd noise in this clip sounds like there can’t be more than a few dozen people here in the first place.

25 Likes

Shit attracts flies, who knew.

20 Likes

blinking trailer park boys GIF

25 Likes

yummyyummy, GOP tail!

Loop Snake GIF by xponentialdesign

32 Likes

Yeah good luck with that. The current Republican consensus seems to be

1. Those SCOTUS appointments were a huge letdown since they didn’t rule in favor of letting Trump be the nation’s infallible God-King for all time, and
  2. The vaccines are an evil plot by Bill Gates/Reptilians/Democrats to enslave humanity.
32 Likes

Gilead, meet Death Cult.

25 Likes

I wonder what the hecklers think that Pence’s motivation was in being a “traitor” and not doing what they evidently believe was the right thing for him to do. Do they think that he is secretly a democrat? Do they think that he somehow thought certifying the lawful election votes would make him more likely to get to be president?

12 Likes

I knew his political future was pretty much wrecked when he hitched his wagon to Trump in 2016, but I definitely didn’t think this would be the way it would go down.

15 Likes

See, there’s your problem right there. These people checked their prefrontal cortexes at the cloakroom in 2016 and lost their claim tickets. This is all limbic system stuff, no rational thought required.

Or wanted.

28 Likes

I still wonder how they would have attempted to sweep the whole event under the rug if an elected official had been injured - instead of police officers and members of the rioting mob. I mean, they are trying this bs:

16 Likes

To bad he doesn’t have the balls to question them on why he’s a traitor and what exactly he is a traitor to. He’s a garbage unsympathetic tool with very low moral fiber.

11 Likes

I love to see the religious right eat itself like this. It’s definitely a win/win, as whoever ends up on top, they’ll have done damage to their whole movement along the way.

I was reading about how conservative white evangelical churches are losing members, and how, for example, a faction within the Southern Baptists are in the process of splitting off (or trying to take over) because the church just isn’t racist enough for them anymore. Some of them seem to think it’ll bring people back to the church, but in reality, it’ll splinter and diminish their political power, and make it clear they have no moral integrity - they’re just racists who organize around a church structure.

Yeah, really. I assumed he’d eventually be damaged by his association with Trump, not that they’d go all-in on Trump over Pence. It’s been mind-boggling.

20 Likes

I wouldn’t be so sure. Far-right movements have often marked their ascensions with purges of any so-called “moderate” voices within their ranks.

23 Likes

I think it’s up to us. Infighting isn’t really helpful if you sit back, eat popcorn, and wait for the most dangerous opponents to rise to the top. It is however a great chance to go after an enemy that’s at a disadvantage.

12 Likes

Hey Mike, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

11 Likes

It’s like distilling and redistilling and redistilling your vodka. You end up with something raw, with no character.

5 Likes

Dear Mike Pence:

8oCr

9 Likes

Yeah, but they had no “moderate” voices to begin with. They’re all shades of awful. I think we’ll end up with white evangelicals who are simply more openly racist, but that makes them easier to fight and makes them less palatable to the mainstream. Hiding who they were gave them more legitimacy.

9 Likes