Mike Pence doesn't believe in the separation of Church and State

I meant that theocratic fascists would be eating themselves.

4 Likes

Did he get this from the gold tablets that nobody saw?

6 Likes

He’s an oathbreaker, then. He swore an oath to defend the Constitution. Here, he’s attacking it.

24 Likes

See the source image

7 Likes

Just one of the elements in their mass delusion.

1 Like

I am not sure there is a difference. Both only give lip service to actual religion

4 Likes

Welcome to the BBS! Excellent nomme de guerre!

5 Likes

I vaguely recall a tv movie drama where a woman countered the assertion that Jesus was Jewish, by saying this. “He wasn’t a Jew. He was a Christian.”

12 Likes

These fundie nuts never seem to consider that the separation of Church and State doesn’t just protect government from being controlled by their religion, it’s also what protects their religion from being controlled by the government.

You want the feds to tell you how to interpret the Bible? Because this is how you end up with a system where the feds tell you how to interpret the Bible.

27 Likes

Though, it should be remembered that 2 out of 3 “Founding Fathers” were slave-owners. Commerce trumped Freedom.

14 Likes

Well, they hath not a cloven hoof, so probably not.

8 Likes

All men are created equal; for given values of “all”, “men”, “people” and “equal”. :+1:

16 Likes

They’re happy with a state religion because they can’t imagine a situation where one exists but it isn’t theirs.

18 Likes

rupauls drag race bingo GIF

They really don’t understand how the separation of church and state is a huge benefit to them.

24 Likes

Possible rationale?: “Can’t get to heaven if we don’t stop the sinners.”

3 Likes

doctor who GIF

But the reality is that if they got what they wanted, they would not be happy with the actual outcome. An authoritarian regime, even if it’s based on ideas that people like, has a way of biting even it’s most ardent supporters in the ass.

22 Likes

I doubt many of them think that far ahead.

24 Likes

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

15 Likes

a quick reminder to the soi-disant “originalists” out there:

The first clause of the first of the enumerated rights has it that

“Congress shall enact no law regarding religion…”

which is to say that the founders literally had no regard for their shit from the beginning.

fuck this backwards-ass revisionism in service to bad-faith greedy fuckwits

19 Likes

It’s a shout-out to his fellow Dominionists, who contend that the Invisible Bearded Sky Man™ placed all those natural resources there so that white Xtian males could own and exploit them.

As depraved as that sounds, many Dominionists also place women and BIPOC under the category of “America’s vast natural resources”.

23 Likes