Vsauce parody video

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/24/vsauce-parody-video.html

3 Likes

He will go far in life, I predick.

1 Like

I feel entertained, I feel smarter, and if later someone asked “What is the sun?”, I couldn’t actually answer.

So it’s just like a Vsauce video.

3 Likes

Hah, he just posted a comment in the video wondering why it’s blowing up allasudden. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apparently was posted in Reddit recently, i presume Rusty must’ve seen it there too? I dunno.

I don’t even know what Vsauce is…

2 Likes

That’s all right, I don’t know what the sun is.

3 Likes

About the only thing I’ve ever actually watched that involved Vsauce, I watched because it was with Adam Savage.

2 Likes

I have a theory that Vsauce videos contain slight misconceptions and logical fallacies to increase viewer engagement. Every time I see a video I actually know stuff about, I feel a strong urge to add corrections in the comments. Now I generally just ignore his videos.

If you said it without context, I’d assume it was something you wanted to be passed to you at the dinner table.

1 Like

His videos just strike me as stream of consciousness ranting from a person that knows just enough about a topic to sound like he’s saying something deep but really isn’t.

If i were to say something positive about his videos is that it does draw interesting lines between various topics and generates thinking on a topic you typically wouldn’t dwell too much on. I don’t watch his videos, they’re not really my thing but on some level i can see the appeal.

1 Like

My studies of YouTube can answer this:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.