Vultures circle GamerGate

More than one country having them doesn’t show that Japan isn’t infamous for them or refute any point I was using them to make, so that’s irrelevant. And I guess had I done something as foolish as, say, read the Tokyo Metro website I would indeed have learned that they were put in for such mundane reasons as “so that women … can ride with a sense of security.

I guess you can argue that’s meaning feeling safe about not looking bad in public before they put their make-up on, and that any interpretation outside of that is just Western media bias, but if there’s no problem with men in Japan why are women seeking “security” from them. There’s certainly a problem with men in most, if not all, of the other countries with the same practice, who say they implemented them for that exact reason, or for Islamic ‘modesty’ reasons (which, again, is basically the same reason).

2 Likes
3 Likes

We aim to please.

5 Likes

Beyond that, the mere existence and prevalence of the threats makes it kind of difficult to argue with Sarkeesian’s most basic points. If you don’t think gaming has a misogyny problem, you’re going to sound especially unconvincing if you insist on saying so in the wake of another prominent woman in the industry being forced from her home by a credible threat of rape and murder.

7 Likes

I’m disappointed you left.

3 Likes

Thank Christ for that. Can we wrap this thing up now?

4 Likes

What the heck does that even mean?

Via Rational Wiki.

In current times, however, the term Cultural Marxism seems to have largely become an epithet employed by hard-right conspiracy theorists such as Pat Buchanan and, to the most dangerous extent, Anders Behring Breivik. In this sense, it is a Cold Warrior’s way of decrying “political correctness.” Some variants of this theory also have an anti-Semitic tinge to them, such as Kevin MacDonald’s Culture of Critique series, which argues that cultural Marxism is part of a Jewish group evolutionary strategy. Others just prefer to say that it’s all a ploy to destroy traditional and family values through atheism, feminism, racial equality, homosexuality, legalizing drugs and other things.

Oh, ok. You go hang out with the mass murderer, and I’ll be over here with the chill peeps.

10 Likes

Dear God… it’s… it’s… learning to blend in… at this rate it will have achieved sentience in less than 12 hours. We’ve got to find an antidote! I think I’ve isolated a protein in it’s blood…

10 Likes

You’d think someone would complain to the relevant state bar organization about Cernovich’s behavior.

I have never been so happy to have zero contact with twitter before.

And I’m usually pretty damn happy about it, actually.

7 Likes

I suggest we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.

5 Likes

Hold on a second. This installation has a substantial dollar value attached to it.

8 Likes

Well, they can bill me.

7 Likes

Are you familiar with Sarkessian’s selective editing and reviews of games? You know how she find a game, and distort the truth?

You haven’t even bothered to watch the videos have you?

BTW, you should be told this so you understand. By reading your posts, most people here can deduce that Cernovich is smarter than you. That’s why he’s your friend now.

7 Likes

No. I’ve not seen distortions of the truth.

5 Likes

Here you go @camosy, a little light reading: Chris Kluwe tears GamerGaters a new one.

4 Likes

Obviously one need only to read this forum Colin, to see that journalistic integrity, factual reporting have got out the way to hysteria. Simple because sarkessian mis-represents gaming culture as whole. As a so-called academic, her theories are loose are her facts are cherry picked to provide to a distorted view that male developers and gamers are essentially by nature mysognistic. And with only with her help can she save the games industry. Why don’t you study up on sarkessian’s work, before you start talking about double speak.

You are clearly capable of writing (not correctly spelling however). If you truly believe Anita Sarkeesian has distorted the truth then publish a rebuttal. No one is stopping you but yourself.

Given the fact that you chose instead to simply shit on her my expectation is very low you will ever be able to finish.

2 Likes