Walgreens allows employees to pick and choose who gets birth control

Not near enough to be convenient, but will keep them in mind.

ETA b/c ADHD/other neuroatypical stuff:
Thank You for that. It’s crucial information, which pharmacies suck and which ones don’t! Thank you.

I’m going back to my op and add the location of the really shitty cvs.

5 Likes

I’m gonna second Meijer, they are great and some of the best prices.

One off prescriptions get filled pretty quick but for prescriptions I take daily they are very good at having them refilled automatically and then notifying me they are ready. When the prescription expires, most times, they call the doctor and get the refills (by call I mean use the computer, most of it is automated). Occasionally when a refill expires but the doctor hasn’t called in the new one they will give enough pills until they get the refill order. Their app is also a great way to keep track of prescriptions.

They even put my cat on my account and automatically refill her prescription even giving us the GoodRX price without a coupon every time.

7 Likes

Thanks for mentioning that they go out of their way for customers. They’ve found coupons for me that helped significantly with an expensive script my son used to have.

5 Likes

I left after they announced over the PA that my birth control was ready for pick up. This was a few years before HIPAA, maybe 1993? (I also heard them announce other people’s Rx’s and one was Prozac. Un-frickin-believable.)

10 Likes

Holy hell, that’s evil. Walgreens wasn’t even an option on my insurance, so I avoid those stores like the plague they are.

7 Likes

If you don’t have the luxury of picking and choosing where you work, maybe you also don’t have the luxury of being able to take a principled stand and refuse service to someone simply because you don’t like what they are buying from the place you work. People don’t go to a pharmacy to be proselytized.

It’s a weird flex — you’re perfectly cool working at a place that sells contraceptives and abortion pills, but someone wants you to ring them up for those things? Impossible! You’re no less a cog in the machine that does things that you’re so supposedly morally opposed to just because someone else finishes the sale.

It’s all performative I’ve as far as I’m concerned.

17 Likes

What a feeble god these people have invented. Mine can make a condom slip when it is part of Her plan.

3 Likes

The ACLU’s recommendations on what to do if it happens to you:

14 Likes

It’s not, but oddly enough, there’s a rather large “adults-only” campground not too far away. I’ve been to some lovely kink events there. For some reason I’m suddenly thinking of Peyton Place. Huh.

10 Likes

Employees who refuse to sell things on “grounds”, should be broadly forbidden to buy anything in that category.

5 Likes

Real sign from a church along my commute. I mean, can’t argue with it, but I may have a slightly different interpretation.

10 Likes

Part of the problem even with that is that it’s not even consistent with their source material. Both Old Testament and New Testament make it really clear that it’s not mortals’ job to judge others’ sins. Judging and punishing “sinners” is itself a sin. So while an individual Christian might think contraception use is a sin, that only applies to their own behavior. They are specifically forbidden from applying that standard to others. So not only is it not a sin for them to sell condoms to someone else, it’s a sin to refuse to.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.