Wall mount adapter with 3 A/C outlets and 2 USB charging ports

[Read the post]

Oh, Pareidolia, my old friend! Why are those tiny faces looking so shocked?

2 Likes

You’d think a company making an outlet box in the USB Era would space the electrical outlets appropriately for the Transistor Era.

Is it a retro thing?

Since when is there a / in AC?

Yeah. The sockets should be set a bit farther apart, and maybe even in a kind of semi-circle, so that the wall warts plugged into this don’t knock into each other.

2 Likes

I recently asked Google for a duplex electrical outlet. All the top search results were for outlets with built-in USB jacks, to be installed in the wall instead of your regular outlet.

I guess that’s going to be a thing from here on out.

Or even at right angles to one another.

1 Like

I recently swapped out a few of my kitchen counter outlets with these. I most like how it has both a low and high amp USB port for faster tablet charging. $20 at Home Despot.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton-15-Amp-Tamper-Resistant-Combo-Outlet-USB-Charger-White-R02-T5630-00W/203392187

So how much power does this waste when nothing is plugged in?

1 Like

You would look shocked too if you had 115V AC plugged into your posterior.

1 Like

Attach a raspi or other computer, with a screen and/or voice control, to one of the USB ports to act as a smart terminal for the home network. Voila, no power wasting as something is always plugged in. Problem solved.

As a product, it has some failings.
Why is it so darn big?
Why does it cover the other outlet, not letting you use it?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.