War criminal and snowflake Erik Prince cancels Beloit College talk after student protests, threatens lawsuit

Sure, go ahead and sue the private college, Sturmbannfuhrer. Make sure to hire the most expensive lawyers and ask that the proceeding be televised while you’re at it.

12 Likes

So what you’re saying is that they’re just total fucking losers. Which sounds about right to me!

I think we ought to call them out as such more regularly and flagrantly. Afraid a brown person is going to steal your job? Get a freaking LIFE you LOSER! Can’t deal with the fact that people have other religions? DAMN you’re a freaking LOSER! Oh my god, some people marry people you wouldn’t want to marry, and you just can’t deal with it? Could you possibly be more of a TOTAL LOSER?!

It’s not about people having disagreements. It’s about some people being reasonable, pluralistic, and tolerant, and others being FUCKING TOTAL LOSER ASSHOLES!

It’s true, and it feels good to say!

19 Likes

And when they can’t play victim because of a protest, they find some other way of being shitty little cowards who thrive on the attention they get from being rejected.

Shapiro was invited to speak at a local university and the invitation was initially rejected by the administration. When they relented, Shapiro and the YAF refused to speak at the university anyway, because the venue the university offered was too large, and they didn’t want to give the appearance that he was unpopular.

18 Likes

yep.

The group didn’t respond to multiple requests for comment, but its representatives spoke to the San Francisco Chronicle in April, telling the newspaper their provocative picks were deliberate – only then could they generate a “dialogue,” one student said.

Dialogue, they keep using that word…

7 Likes

I am of two minds on this.

I think the proper way to combat assholes like Prince is not to keep them from speaking, but to come well-armed with lots of questions they will find difficult to answer. Do the research, pin them with data and their own quotes, bring as many people as you can to monopolize the debate. That’s the high road, one conservatives will find harder to argue against. It requires more work but pays off bigger in the long run.

If he isn’t going to field questions from the audience, or if he quickly figures out who the friendly audience members are and only responds to them, that’s when you make a ruckus to disrupt him.

However on the other hand, I don’t want these guys to get money from speaking engagements, and even with an intellectually combative audience they still get their message out, and weasel out of hard questions, so I’m not opposed to this kind of protest either.

7 Likes

Fascists like Prince (and make no mistake, that’s what he is) are not owed the legitimacy of a platform by reputable institutions. To ask them questions (which they will answer disingenuously) is to suggest that history’s verdict on their views is not yet settled. Any such work put in is wasted effort.

15 Likes

tumblr_pp1o4gENi31qzssc1_500

38 Likes

I’ve said it elsewhere, but I defy anyone to come up with two siblings who are as awful as these two are in two more distinct public fields. It would be like if Newt Gingrich had a sister who invented the technology for robocalls or Ann Coulter’s brother was Fred Durst.

14 Likes

Speaking as a Eugene hippie myself, there isn’t much that’s more obnoxious than a hippie with a djembe, except for 10 of them at once. Especially the part where they don’t damp it, and jus whack it right in the middle and let it ring, so it has a clear pitch, but none of the drums are in tune with each other or anything else. The djembe is a fine instrument, but like most other instruments, it requires training, in a musical tradition centered on that instrument, to not sound completely fucking awful, and this kind of training is seldom evident in drum circles.

9 Likes

How is he ever going to follow through on his ‘become CEO Viceroy of the Forever War in the East’ plan if this level of local opposition deters him?

5 Likes

Yeah. And somehow they’ve turned that into an ideology.

Yeah, they’ll invent something. It’s interesting to see how playing the victim, which has long been a key feature of right-wing Christian fundamentalist groups (despite, you know, wildly disproportionately controlling states and the federal government), has spread to conservatism in general. With the Christian groups, it made a certain amount of sense to me - there is a founding myth about persecuted Christians, and I could see it being important to continue that to the present day, as a matter of identity. But this… it all seems to be new and I don’t see where it’s coming from unless it’s about the decline in popularity of the Republican party, challenges to (the idea of) white supremacy, etc. Yet that’s entirely self-inflicted as the first could be fixed if they weren’t so hell-bent on fighting off the second…

I can’t imagine a single one believes it, either. It’s the go-to excuse of the trolley that doesn’t want to acknowledge it’s a trolley.

10 Likes

And any group whose name contains the word “freedom” typically has a rather idiosyncratic definition of the concept.

11 Likes

Coulter IS Fred Durst.

1 Like

I’m sure that Betsy DeVos is trying her best to make sure her brother gets a good deal when this happens.

8 Likes

Checks list…

• Just asking questions.
  • It’s only satire.
  • Generate a dialogue. :white_check_mark:
11 Likes

As his sister has demonstrated, the regressives are really, really good at just running out the clock when faced with questions that they do not feel any need to answer. They are also very good at managing ‘spin control’ on unfavorable press coverage.
But most importantly, we need to understand that any calls for a “dialogue”, as has been hinted at elsewhere in this thread, are little more than bait for us progressives. The regressives have no interest whatsoever in listening to progressive viewpoints; they do cling as tightly to their elitist delusions as a child to a comfort object.
Regressives crave attention, not genuine challenges to their worldviews. And as such, they will play ‘verbal Calvinball’ at best to cloud any debates into nonsense, as long as they stay on-camera and can try to make the progressive opposition look bad.

5 Likes

Various words. And they all want a place in schools.

Fuck.

3 Likes

The rabble here were asshats who.would listen to this murdering scum, at least suspected murdering scum

1 Like

Not only the former CEO of Blackwater & Greystone, but an ex-Navy SEAL. However, he now pays other people to provide his safety buffer. He’s also a religious fanatic; he became a Catholic a decade ago.
In Vancouver his security teams would have to be unarmed. I’d show up to throw rotten eggs at him.

6 Likes

Laws are for little people, especially laws of other countries. I bet a search of his security team would turn up a few illegal surprises.

5 Likes