War criminal and snowflake Erik Prince cancels Beloit College talk after student protests, threatens lawsuit

Given his position, that would be Obergruppenführer, possibly Oberst-Gruppenführer.
But yeah.

2 Likes

Possibly but Canadian Customs get a real kick out of finding guns on US police crossing the border so there is a good change there would be a betting pool on who could find the most illegal weapons on Prince’s bodyguard.

5 Likes

I suspect the trick would be not to cross with weapons, but to be resupplied after leaving the airport.

3 Likes

Greystone’s current iteration would look after that. VPD would quite happily check them for weapons at public appearances.

1 Like

They are trolls. The whole point is just to argue and keep the argument going, and if you offend people by doing that, that is actually a plus. If you give them platform where they can debate, that validates their viewpoint as something that is worthy of consideration. But it’s not. Actual Nazis don’t deserve that consideration and neither do rich profiteering war criminals. There is a First Amendment, but that doesn’t guarantee you an audience, or a platform bigger than a soapbox.

6 Likes

Exactly. My housemate keeps spewing the old line of “debate them and let the truth stand revealed”, and he simply refuses to acknowledge that the alt-right does not want legitimate analysis of their “ideas”.
And, sadly, I can only demonstrate my point by emphasizing that I, myself, do not have the silver tongue necessary to face the monsters in any kind of verbal exchange. Especially when Shapiro and Poole and their ilk refuse to participate in good faith. The point is that there are some people who have practiced verbal debate skills, and others’ discourse comes through more clearly when written; I’m one of the latter, and socially anxious to boot, so I can’t handle this crap myself.
But that’s also beside the point. Housemate also refuses to acknowledge that words have power. There’s a great little anecdote in “Antifa: the Antifascist Handbook” by Mark Bray about 01 Feb 2017, when Milo Yiannopoulos got his speaking event at UC Berkely cancelled due to anti-fascist actions. It sparked debate on the false issue of free speech, but the health of dozens of undocumented as well as transgendered students (who had legitimate fears for their own safety if Milo had been allowed to speak) remained sound.

4 Likes

Jean-Paul Sartre, on the subject of fascists playing verbal Calvinball

11 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.