Texas A&M professor suspended for allegedly criticizing the Lt. Gov in a lecture

Originally published at: Texas A&M professor suspended for allegedly criticizing the Lt. Gov in a lecture | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Wow, they accomplished a test of the TXGOP overreaction system, and a big warning flag for her (& others) to fall into compliance, all in one shot. /s

28 Likes

My, my, my. What a delicate flower.

25 Likes

It’s about time we recognized the systemic discrimination that Lt. Governors face in Texas! /s

19 Likes

ITYM “snowflake”

11 Likes

I mean fair and balanced right? If right wing professors get fired for saying horrifically misogynistic, racist or anti-semetic things, shouldn’t other professors be fired for mentioning right wing polititions? Like Will Smith said, “Get my [politician’s] name out your mouth!” /s

7 Likes

Ugh. Can I return my diplomas?

12 Likes

… a state where braindead MAGA fascists rule.
FTFY.

10 Likes

I don’t know why everybody’s so worried. Obviously, all those free-speech maximalists who howl when Jordan Peterson or Dennis Prager get censured from speaking in some way will defend open discussion on a university campus, and… what’s that? It’s the same people calling for the speaker’s head in this case, because she said something they didn’t like, almost like it wasn’t about free speech in the first place…? Wow. Could never have seen THAT coming…

17 Likes

Seems like Texass and Floriduh are in a race to see who is the most facist.

8 Likes

Not for me (that’s the wife’s long-standing nickname).

7 Likes
3 Likes

Apparently, it was the state Land Commissioner who tattled to Lt. Gov. Kim Jong-Il.

Imagine being such a bootlicking simp that you get mad because a random college lecture doesn’t offer enough fawning worship of a lieutenant governor.

9 Likes

BRB. Gotta go change the “Days since national embarrassment” sign counter back for the Ags.

9 Likes

And a friggin’ tattle tale to boot.

4 Likes

It’s the people in charge that are trying to out-fascist each other.
The residents are just along for the ride…

6 Likes

I liked your use of “delicate flower.” There are many possible terms, trendy or not, for these high-strung, narcissistically hypersensitive, fakely fearful, pearl-clutching, apprehension-feigning, hyper-reactive, jumpy, vapour-ridden, umbrageous, tender-footed, touchy, delicate, thin-skinned, vulnerability-claiming, insecure, quick-tempered, excitable, curtain-twitching, easily exercised, nervous nellie and nathan professional phony outrage-ist bigots.

5 Likes

Yeah. And those of us that live in each state lose. :sob:

4 Likes

yes. being taken for a ride that we did not sign on for.
you are being taken on this ride where you are in Texas, @Serge and @sylvia and myself in Florida, along with many, many others in both of these two states (that are positioning as testing grounds for some authoritarian takeover) never did and will not sign on for this “ride”.
so yeah, the current “people in charge” are WRONG in both our states.
now let us focus on stopping this shit, yeah?

7 Likes

Damn right!
Any time I hear someone griping about the Czar, etc., I ask 'em if they are registered to vote, and, if not, why not; otherwise, it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy, and if you don’t vote, you don’t get to gripe about what happens.

6 Likes