Texas A&M recruited a black University of Texas professor. After "DEI hysteria" from the right, they let her know she wasn't welcome.

Originally published at: Texas A&M recruited a black University of Texas professor. After "DEI hysteria" from the right, they let her know she wasn't welcome. | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Texas and Florida are fighting to be the ultimate place where human intelligence goes to die.

My sympathies to every non-fascist who lives in either state.

46 Likes

they are literally tearing down every bit of progress made since the civil rights and feminist movements. And other states are paying attention to see what they can impose on their own higher ed systems.

27 Likes

I’ma say it again; if our civilization does end up going ‘Fury Road,’ and I survive, I have a list of people I’m gonna be actively looking for and holding accountable by whatever means are left.

There will be no cries of “Who killed the world?”; I’m not the only one keeping track.

26 Likes

We should close them inside, let them rot on their own hatred cesspool

2 Likes

Can you swing by to pick me up so I can help with that!

Who? Inside what?

16 Likes

The Texans, inside Texas. Lock them there… Let those fascist rots and kill themselves on AR-15s and pollution.

Sorry if it wasn’t clear. ESL here

2 Likes

Do you also mean all the people who are Texans (much like this professor who is fron TX), who are either being targeted by these jackholes and those who are on the side of the marginalized and are doing their best to turn shit around in the face of a far right movement benefiting from a heavily gerrymandered state? Because that’s not helpful.

36 Likes

Of course; though I really hope it never comes to that, sis.

‘My dark side’ scares the ever-loving fuck out of me; especially if it were ever released unchecked…

13 Likes

Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

I much prefer we all get together and collective correct our ship…

18 Likes

Keep in mind that the A&M stands for assholes and morons.

3 Likes

You do know that TX is not monolithic, and if the vote were actually fair, it would be purple at most, if not light blue. No, closing the border is not an option, even metaphorically.

30 Likes

Just easier to make broad sweeping generalizations, cause then you don’t have to do the hard work of making change!

16 Likes

Lazy, inhumane ‘solution’ that helps NO ONE.

Try again.

15 Likes

Maya Rudolph GIF by Amazon Prime Video

You’ve got a list, and I’ve got a :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: spreadsheet

Girl Fight Fighting GIF by Shalita Grant

16 Likes

Print it out regularly, and save hard copies; I hope we never need it.

12 Likes

I prefer a chapter out of a Dickens novel - the list is the afghan.

8 Likes

So, we get you third… Whose next?

We’re gonna need a bus, @Melizmatic… mayhaps a convoy!

13 Likes

That works too; whatever form or preservation we think might survive, we should do.

Hashtag, Never Forget this Fuckery.

15 Likes

16 Likes