Advisors quit "Free speech college" after a week

Originally published at: Advisors quit "Free speech college" after a week | Boing Boing

9 Likes

The Speech is “free”; the tuition isn’t.

34 Likes

And at one point in the not so distant future the campus will be invaded by bears, I shouldn’t wonder.

38 Likes

Free inquiry and discussion is the bedrock of the academic endeavor.

24 Likes

One wonders what recruiters will make of time spent at this school.

Probably DNH.

9 Likes

I am shocked that a group of people who have made a name for themselves largely by being assholes can’t get along with each other. Shocked!

15 Likes

laughter laughing GIF

36 Likes
6 Likes

I see what you did there. Very subtle. The semi-colon not being a comma was important, but really ought to be a full stop to make it clearer.

5 Likes

The only way to save this clown car from crashing before it exits the garage is to put an accomplished grifter with domain expertise at the wheel.

23 Likes

@anothernewbbaccount @euansmith

Get a room, you two.

17 Likes

No Steven, you went all Zentrumist well before this new university. You don’t get to walk away because you think it it is starting to make you look bad. You did that all on your own.

19 Likes

Y’know, including hate speech (as in, learning to hate speech through your dog whistle).

Personally, I’ve always found tuition to be offensive, too. :wink:

12 Likes

I spend a lot of time working with marketing people. A complete disregard for the meaning of words or the truth is not unique or specific to this particular crowd.

6 Likes

Can I just say that I love the “Bland Libertarian Centrist Blah Blah Blah” tag? I just wish there were fewer opportunities to use it. Sigh.

14 Likes

One wonders if they were told they’d be consultants on the creation of an actual university rather than a glorified TPUSA breakout session.

8 Likes

It’s unusual to see that disregard employed to such staggering heights in academia though. I can’t think of any university that named a paid consultant as a “founding member” without their knowledge or consent.

12 Likes

I’d prefer more to be honest. American Libertarianism is become more like fascism every day. The ones who aren’t fascists tend to be more Zentrumist than centrist, allowing the fascists to eat them from the inside.

Why should they worry about other peoples liberty, as long as they have their freedoms?

9 Likes

*terms and conditions apply. Not valid in all fifty states or outside the United States. Please seek medical attention if you develop covid, covid like symptoms, or an erection lasting for more than four hours.

12 Likes

Can we all appreciate the idea that Bari Weiss, who all but invented cancel culture, suddenly cares enough about free speech to open a madrassah dedicated to it?

19 Likes