I did NAZI that coming.

4 Likes

IMG_3497

12 Likes

It’s a good album but I dont think UATX would like it

5 Likes

Rudy__Truth isn't truth

7 Likes

Why isn’t University of Texas-Austin not suing fake University of Austin for having a misleading name/copyright infringement?

6 Likes

17 Likes
3 Likes

Dead authors, the lot of them.

4 Likes

So, basically in was tRump University 2.0.

Charging tens (or even hundreds?) of thousands for a product with zero value. That has the orange clown’s business theory all over it.

3 Likes

The FAQ portion of the “university’s” webpage is quite interesting - starting off with a commitment to unfettered free speech, no matter how uncomfortable it may be to some people, how there would be no content warnings nor “safe spaces,” followed by a question about CRT and Israel boycotts where they make it clear that both students and faculty would be outright “banned” from even discussing such subjects. Their commitment to “free speech” is so thin you can see their right-wing ideology clearly through it.

22 Likes

They literally can’t even get through an FAQ without contradicting themselves…

nothing like the holidays fuck boy GIF

16 Likes

The conceit of a liberal arts school (as opposed to a technical school) is that it teaches students how to think, rather than imparting a lot of job specific skills that would be useful to an employer.

In this column, a philosophy PhD explains why.

During the seven years that I worked as a management consultant, I spent a lot of time trying to look older than I was. I became pretty good at furrowing my brow and putting on somber expressions. Those who saw through my disguise assumed I made up for my youth with a fabulous education in management. They were wrong about that. I don’t have an M.B.A. I have a doctoral degree in philosophy—nineteenth-century German philosophy, to be precise. Before I took a job telling managers of large corporations things that they arguably should have known already, my work experience was limited to part-time gigs tutoring surly undergraduates in the ways of Hegel and Nietzsche and to a handful of summer jobs, mostly in the less appetizing ends of the fast-food industry.

Trump University, by contrast, was a collection of badly designed courses that promised immediate applicability to implausible get rich schemes.

9 Likes

And I’m sure they don’t even see it as a contradiction, because their notions of what topics are controversial and worthy of inquiry are racist and sexist, etc.

7 Likes

I saw that earlier on and thought it was satire. It was real?
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

12 Likes

Satire is dead. Long live satire…

10 Likes

A degree in…

8 Likes

Every time the Debate Me bros create their own institution of higher learning, it turns out to be a flimsy and unconvincing scam, and then they have to regroup and do another one?

6 Likes

To be fair, the tuition payments did have immediate applicability to Drumpf’s implausible get rich scheme.

4 Likes

Texas has state laws banning those things, so just the decision to locate there made that policy.

5 Likes

My understanding is most of the time in each course was spend trying to sell the student on purchasing the next level course which “is where all the secrets on real estate are taught”.

That was from a number of interviews with people that took the classes and later sued tRump university.

7 Likes