Warehouse pallet jack driver falls asleep; incredible calamity ensues

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/21/warehouse-pallet-jack-driver-f.html

The blue dust at second 14 means “It’s a boy!”

29 Likes

Video link for the BBS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vulA9hndhqA

6 Likes

I see that Klaus found a new job.

18 Likes

“oops.” :construction_worker_man:

4 Likes

“Attention please! Clean up needed on aisle 14. And aisle 15. And aisle 16. And aisle 17. And…”

Looks more like 20, 22, 24…

4 Likes

Good thing he woke up and had the sense to run - he woulda died!

9 Likes

The very definition of a “wake up call.”

4 Likes

"So that happened" should be the wording of every headline ever.

3 Likes

Amazon warehouse/fulfillment center?

6 Likes

Of course not, Amazon is very concerned with worker safety, they would never allow such wobbly shelving.

I’m not being sarcastic. No really I’m not. Stop looking at me like that.

11 Likes

I’m surprised that — especially given the tall shelving towers — that the forklift didn’t have the de rigueur roof/cage.

2 Likes

I feel sorry for the guy. He’s probably working 2-3 jobs, just to pay his bills in Trump the Unfit’s Amerikkka.

7 Likes

I can remember seeing a similar video some years back, and IIRC almost the whole warehouse collapsed!

4 Likes

So we can chalk this up as a safety improvement, then, right?!

2 Likes

I have seen a bunny rabbit wake up and scamper off slower than that guy!

Fun true story - I ALMOST took out the cruel bastard who owned the brewery who once employed me, in a similar fashion. You see he was doing his crazy abusive boss thing and I got distracted, you know? Next thing I know the lightly shrink wrapped double stack of kegs are bouncing straight at him, Donkey Kong style he bobs and dodges all 24 full barrels :confused:

As if to prove his dbag prowess he immediately changes tactics… Now he is freaking out on me that NOBODY can ever know what happened or the insurance rates might change. No incident report… No new operator… He simply waited to be abusive exclusively when I was not driving something.

I shouldn’t tell this story, or, I should edit into a cover letter on my CV to be a cruise ship Captain.

4 Likes

Nice to see Chris Grayling’s landed on his feet. And that he can run with those same feet.

2 Likes

Still not quite as epic as this one:

(Supposedly nobody was harmed, amazingly enough)

7 Likes

That warehouse might want to rethink whatever racking system they use. Some of those supports flew out of their like they were just propped up.

1 Like

Not so interested in autonomous vehicles personally, but if there’s a prime use case for AI-assistance, it’s forklifts in giant warehouses. Holy #^@, that is a hazardous work environment if that’s all it takes to get crushed.

1 Like