Warner Brothers allegedly regrets biting on that whole Snyder-verse thing

You’re asking them to treat it as they would something valuable, and that’s exactly what they’re doing. Since when did a corporation not impatiently try to extract as much value as possible from a valuable IP they own?

2 Likes

See also: The Rise of Skywalker

I haven’t hated the DC superhero movies, though I can see why others have. Still, they’ve clearly not succeeded in creating anything remotely close to what Marvel has.

It’s too bad Taika Waititi didn’t join the DCU. His eye for colour alone could have saved it.

Colin Jost Shrug GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

Wonder Woman’s quote from Justice League, “Children. I work with children,” easily applies to a lot of
current DC producers, directors, writers, etc.

DC went twenty years between Crisis on Infinite Earths and whatever the next thing was, but since then the cycle has been getting shorter and shorter

Eventually every issue will be a new continuity and endless remixes of the same story over and over

DC forgot why they rebooted the first time—to make things simpler and to create room for a single comprehensible history for each character

Now they’re like, “People like reboots, do another reboot, also we need more numbered universes”

No, that’s just Disney doing what Disney does best: milking each franchise they create/acquire until the market’s gotten saturated with it, then putting it in the vault for ten years to age like a box of cheap wine before dragging it back out to pump it dry again.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.