Warner Brothers can't quit Ezra Miller

it does suck that for many people miller may be the only nb star they’ve heard about. miller being so off the rails, i fear, will only hurt people’s impressions. ( and yeah, i know, behavior like johnny depp’s or jared leto’s doesn’t hurt all cis straight men. and yet, unfortunately, that’s how this always seems to go )

i do think that if their behavior is new, then the studio should be trying to get them some help. if their behavior isn’t new, then what the heck was the studio thinking?

4 Likes

The rude disrespectful new poster was writing about referring to Ezra Miller as he rather than them. Took a lot of words to say that and then stated this wasn’t the place/thread to discuss the new poster’s characterisation of Ezra Miller as he. Not about Ezra being non-binary.

1 Like

(Mainly replying at the poster in question but your comment is less likely to vanish :wink: )

Yes I wonder what other valid english words they don’t like. (I really don’t :wink: )

Even if they (read as singular or plural, I mean both, English is fun) dislike the new fangled direct use of singular ‘they’. The traditional use seem just fine.

“traditional singular they , which is used to refer to a person whose gender isn’t known or isn’t important in the context”

How is Ezra Millers gender important in this context? Unless they are using a word to make a point about themselves :thinking:

But on topic, I never understood what was wrong with casting Grant Gustin, I enjoyed their (gender irrelvent to my point) performance quite a bit. Perhaps TV just isn’t serious enough to the Movie execs. Their mistake IMHO.

Now if people want to debate the use of a alternative word for damp thats starts with “M” I will accept that discussion here :wink:

totally. i probably should have posted not as reply to you, but to the op.

1 Like

I dunno. Maybe ask Mel Gibson? /s

5 Likes

You’re not alone in thinking Gustin would have been great on the big screen. If I remember correctly, Stephen Amell (Arrow) said at some convention that TV already had a Justice League ready and could have been used instead. But there’s this belief that TV is lesser than film, so they needed a whole new cast in order to truly elevate it.

2 Likes

I liked the latest Suicide Squad movie and found Birds of Prey enjoyable. I liked most of Wonder Woman, but not the last 30min or so. The Batman was great, we finally got to see “the worlds greatest detective” in a film.

1 Like

Oh yeah i forgot about Suicide Squad. The first movie was fine, nothing exciting but ok. The Harley Quinn movie was actually a lot of fun even though the story wasn’t anything particularly special. I haven’t seen the James Gunn Suicide Squad tho

2 Likes

The James Gunn one was really funny and the show Peacemaker is as well.

2 Likes

I’ll have to check it out then. Originally i was luke warm about it but i do recall hearing that it wasn’t too bad

2 Likes

I just watched that Secrets of Dumbledore (his secret: throw a bunch of shit at the plot and hope it works) and Ezra Miller is in it as the guy I thought died in the first one or something. His character’s main traits are having Snape’s hair and no emotions on his face. He could be replaced in the next one by a cardboard cutout of Alan Rickman

FTFY

Ezra Miller’s pronouns are they and them. When discussing the actor, no matter how assholish their behavior, use they/them/themself.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.