Was Biden too quick to rule out World War III?

Again, the 300M+ people living here are not the exact same entity as our corrupt and greedy leaders, anymore than most Russians are the same as Putin.

6 Likes

I know- I’m one of them. But our leaders, our media and our flaws are how we present to the world, and ~25 to 30 percent of the population being a racist, fascist death cult is a factor that goes way beyond corrupt leaders. The majority of us may be decent people, but in its current state, disproportionately influenced by its very worst citizens, America the country is extremely dangerous. I had considered this, which is why I chose the word “America” rather than “Americans”.

5 Likes

Fair enough.

There, I completely agree.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, there are a non-zero number of world leaders who would be content to be king of the ashes. ¯\__(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

The answer is no (Betteridge’s law of headlines). The long answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Sad Tb GIF by Hide The Pain Harold

5 Likes

Sounds like economics.

2 Likes

3 Likes

doctor who GIF

Economics is the dismal science and philosophy is the dismal humanities…

2 Likes

@Hanglyman: Huh. I took it as “understood” that a lot of Americans weren’t included in your criticism whereby people seem eager to have a new crisis. The original clip from whence it came about was an ABC reporter, and then it sort of enlarged to include “many” reporters. I didn’t get from your comment that you were including EVERYONE in America. I agree that some people-and many reporters, want to continually “stir the pot.” I liked the President’s answer: “No and No.” He’s not going to help her panic the public by even discussing it at length.

Most of us don’t want to live through what is supposed to be a slyly phrased ancient curse: “May you live in interesting times.” which might be an “interesting” fascist takeover, more plague, or World War III. I go around telling people how glad I am that I don’t have an exciting life, and that they should strive to have uneventful-ness bless them as well. I appreciated your comment.