Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

6 Likes

What? NO!

ds9-quark-shocked

7 Likes

This isn’t meant to be a thread limited to Elon - but here he is again:

I started paying attention to Elon Musk because of his stupid hyperloop and fake and dangerous self-driving cars that will be here any day now, 6 weeks, a year, tops, but basically he’s generally a huckster. His “solar shingles” looked neat when he unveiled them but, as he often does, he promised a technology before it existed. Though in this case it wasn’t simply a prototype that wasn’t quite ready for mass production. It was nothing. A fake.

In October 2016, Musk whipped up solar-product excitement by unveiling a “solar roof” on the old set of ABC’s “Desperate Housewives.” The roof integrated solar cells with shingles, which were to be sold through Tesla stores and available for commercial deployment.

The shingle Musk held turned out to be fake, but that was not widely known when Tesla shareholders voted to acquire SolarCity in November, 2016.

5 Likes

I was genuinely excited by the ‘solar shingle’ idea when they were announced, and was eager to see pricing and how they’d work. But, no.

5 Likes

But you say this, with evidence to back it up, and you get called a luddite… ironic, in part because the people saying that probably have no clue about the actual historical luddites…

7 Likes

I have no idea why they have a beef about the followers of Lud.

5 Likes

Right? Isn’t London one of the great cities of the world?

But people forget that Luddite riots weren’t a purely anti-technology riot, they were labor riots, aimed at technology that was meant to replace skilled laborers… it was about defending newly established common rights of the workers. But most people just use it to mean anti-technology…

6 Likes

“When Elon Musk publicly called a British cave rescuer who had insulted him a “pedo guy” last year, the billionaire entrepreneur had no evidence to back up his claims. And while he later apologized for the outburst, the Tesla Motors and SpaceX CEO went on to hire a private investigator to dig up dirt that might support his unsubstantiated accusation.

BuzzFeed News has found that the self-proclaimed private investigator whom Musk hired was a convicted felon and scammer.”

3 Likes
4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.