A very long list of Elon Musk's broken promises

Originally published at: A very long list of Elon Musk's broken promises | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’m still waiting on his PlayStation 2 truck to fully render…

13 Likes

:thinking:

8 Likes

How long since ‘Full Self Driving’ was right around the corner?

11 Likes

At least FF von Clownstick hasn’t yet returned to what remains ot Twitter. Re-instating him is one of the few promises Musk will deliver on

7 Likes

How about a another list of his accomplishments, ? I’ll start. He initiated the transformation of an entire industry with his electric cars, he build the only reputable EV charging system, he put the US back in space and is now the default producer of rockets for the entire world. OK, your turn. So easy to hate one who is so capable of so much. Envy I guess. da Vinci must have got the same nonsense.

1 Like

Born to the right people… I think that sums it up…

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Sure… whatever.

18 Likes

14 Likes

Sorry, you need to post that on Twitter instead.

14 Likes

Man, it’s really sad that you couldn’t find even a single accomplishment for him that was actually real. If one ever needed proof he was all hot air, there it is.

16 Likes

… if we have enough money, we can buy not only other people’s work, but credit for that work, and claim to have done those things ourselves, and for some reason people believe it :confused:

23 Likes

Any yokel can invent something that doesn’t exist yet, but only a billionaire genius like Elon Musk can invent things retroactively.

14 Likes

You know I’ve seen something like this said before and it strikes me as a weird point just because one certainly can be envious of the achievements some one else who also objectively sucks.

Hating people is easy once you learn how the first time.

but then… So what if he’s easy to hate though? So is everyone ultimately.

Also at this point, even if some people hate him just for the sake of hate the emperor is still naked here. He fired his handlers. He should never have tried celebrity. When he got to the bridge his ego took over and the old man told him he chose poorly. And the worst he will face as far as I know is some public ridicule, which he already has remarkable defenses against.

Because of his wealth and privilege he’s the only one who is any real threat to himself unless he transgresses a nation with an army that has no problem murdering or prosecuting oligarchs.

He is very safe from all of us. We are not that safe from him.

20 Likes

Some people make it harder. I think a lot of us have had a moment where someone famous turned out to be horrible, and we thought “oh no, not them” because we didn’t want to hate them, because they had done things that made us feel grateful or like they were a kind of friend.

Meanwhile Musk has been disowned by at least one of his own children.

8 Likes

Yep, they have that.

Autonomous Cross Country Trip

• 2,473 days since Elon Musk started charging Tesla customers for ‘self driving’ that he said would be able to drive from Los Angeles to New York city with no human intervention by the end of 2017. (10/19/2016)
11 Likes

… I’m putting on my blindfold right now :red_car:

4 Likes

True, but not everyone seems to actively work to make people hate them even more, like Lone Skum does.

Hell, he and 45 both are almost cartoonish is their desperation for attention, at all costs; be it negative or positive.

Personally, I don’t even hate Musk; he’s not worth the energy.
I just wish he’d shut the fuck up and take his thirsty ass to Mars, already.

ʏᴇsᴛᴇʀᴅᴀʏ, ᴜᴘᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀɪʀ,
ɪ ᴍᴇᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴀɴ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴀsɴ’ᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!
ʜᴇ ᴡᴀsɴ’ᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ,
ᴏʜ ʜᴏᴡ ɪ ᴡɪsʜ ʜᴇ’ᴅ ɢᴏ ᴀᴡᴀʏ!

11 Likes

… to God’s ear.

10 Likes

Even halfway would be fine.

10 Likes

That should be fine by him too – halfway is a lot better than some of his other successful rocket launches.

9 Likes