Washington Redskins owner has a megayacht that was built around around an IMAX theater

Ed Beckett, a naval architect at Burgess, the British yacht firm that helped design Lady S, said including the Imax made the build process “much more complicated and expensive” because the rest of the ship had to be designed to be as quiet as possible, so as to not to interfere with the movie experience.

“You couldn’t have sound from the Imax drifting into the cabins next door and, more importantly, you couldn’t have the sound of the engines or vibrations coming into the Imax. If they did we would not get the certification from Imax – and that was the most important thing for the owner,” he said. Beckett said the extra costs of having an Imax on board were “into the millions”.

1 Like

I’d still rather like an aircraft carrier as my personal yacht.

1 Like

The depleted uranium rounds in the Phalanx turrets are merely a courtesy gesture.

1 Like

Yeah, who gets the best mooring berth at Monaco now, suckers?

1 Like

Taters gonna Tate.

“No, Mr Bond, I expect you to die watch a marathon of Battlefield Earth in IMAX.”

5 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.