WashPost Editorial Board: Trump caused the assault on the Capitol. He must be removed

Pitcairn has enough problems because of creepy old men.

7 Likes

Well he could take the whole family and then there wouldn’t be any problems about dating Ivanka. Besides there’s only 43 people living there and they are used to mutiny so he would be in good company. Yo ho.

2 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

The problem is, they wouldn’t want him anymore. He served his purpose, and now’s he’s just a discarded pair of old clown shoes. It’s not like Putin ever had any respect for him.

On the bright side, maybe now they’ll leak whatever dirt they had on him.

6 Likes

I was under the impression that the only reason Napoleon is connected with Elba is for the sake of making a tortured nonsense palindrome (“able was I, ere I saw Elba”)

2 Likes

Even if acquitted, he would be, forever, the first (and quite possibly only) president to be impeached twice.

5 Likes

With the result that the UK, Scotland, Ireland and Iceland all drop their claims on Rockall.

'You have it!
‘No - YOU have it!’

It could be a George Blake kind of situation. You repatriate your asset to the USSR/Russia once his or her cover is blown not because that asset has anything to offer you any more, but as a signal to current and future players of the game that they will be taken care of.

2 Likes

Guy Steele’s palindrome sparks way more joy, absolutely.

A man, a plan, a canoe, pasta, heros, rajahs, a coloratura, maps, snipe, percale, macaroni, a gag, a banana bag, a tan, a tag, a banana bag again (or a camel), a crepe, pins, Spam, a rut, a Rolo, cash, a jar, sore hats, a peon, a canal–Panama!

The “a banana bag again (or a camel)” bit really pushes it over the top.

7 Likes

an assault on the U.S. Capitol by a violent mob that overwhelmed police

Overwhelmed them with requests for selfies??

4 Likes

That seems like it should be an ironic painting…

just-love-that

Do you think if we sent him, they would release other political prisoners in exchange and let them leave the country?

Hm. Not a great comparison, given how rushed his trial and execution was.

5 Likes

Removing him, either thru impeachment or the 25th (although both are unlikely) would have the added benefit of nixing all the pardons he has lined up.

3 Likes

There’s also a much higher bar in congress for removal under the 25th.

That seems to be the idea though. Making the Republicans take the lead, and a couple of definitive votes is a much bigger step than a close partisan vote purely in congress.

I doubt it’ll happen. And the talk seems to very much have impeachment as a plan b.

Scotland recently announced they’re investigating him for money laundering.

Extradition would be a real convenient way to get him gone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.