WashPost Editorial Board: Trump caused the assault on the Capitol. He must be removed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/06/washpost-editorial-board-trump-caused-the-assault-on-the-capitol-he-must-be-removed.html

14 Likes

Pence should invoke the 25th, and probably would just to save his own skin. His problem is that Il Douche has packed the cabinet with too many toadies and sycophants to make that go through. So it’s time for another impeachment.

28 Likes

The United States will have a long, hard road living down the shame of having elected this abhorrent being to the office of President.

Trump, you lost, go the fuck away.

14 Likes

Impeachment is not enough, he should be banished from the country. Although, that does raise the question, what nation would take him?

5 Likes

Russia. For services rendered.

20 Likes

Him and Putin, hand in hand, skipping together though the daisies, and over the skulls of the oppressed.

10 Likes

It would be obscene if he weren’t removed, but I honestly don’t know whether it would be a good thing to impeach him if it meant Republican senators acquitting him, again, even after this. That’d mean certifying the US as a failed state just days before a new government offers some hope of turning a corner.

If hope were relevant to situations involving Turmp, I’d hope for McConnell to agree to it and get enough senators on side before anything was announced.

5 Likes

It would be very nice to have them on record for the sake of shoving it into Biden’s stupid gullible face every time he goes off on one of his conciliatory bipartisan trips.

16 Likes

At the moment I don’t think he’d be acquitted. He may well be doooooooomed,

Woohoo!

2 Likes

North Korea?

Failing that, I have been offering to put him on Rockall for the last four years.

14 Likes

Iran is trying to extradite him through Interpol. This problem could literally solve itself!

I just have to say, “Please Santa? I’ve been SUCH a good girl this year!”

19 Likes

There’s a supermax in Colorado where other lesser traitors, such as Harold Nicholson and Robert Hanssen, are quietly spending their next fifteen lives. They’d probably fit him in.

3 Likes

Well, late Christmas presents are a big thing this year…

11 Likes

Is Elba still available? He should be exiled there to play golf on a specially built Presidential course until he expires - and if asked nicely Mexico would probably be willing to foot the bill for its construction.

4 Likes

I have emailed my congress persons, with the subject that Trump must be impeached for his coup attempt.

There are fresh bullet holes in the capitol building. This should be the quickest impeachment ever.

6 Likes

St. Helena. Elba doesn’t have a good track record when it comes to this sort of thing. Also, it is full of tourists.

2 Likes

Can we pick the wallpaper?

3 Likes

Yes, the Porto Azzurro jail is still operative, and there also gardening and workshops for rehab.

3 Likes

He shouldn’t be banished. He should be tried for his crimes and punished appropriately.

Just like Saddam Hussein.

4 Likes

Yes much better. I thought it was Elba that Napoleon had carked it on?
Yes, St Helena by all means - or possibly Pitcairn.

2 Likes