Watch 44 seconds of Republican leaders grinning silently in response to questions about Roy Moore's alleged child molestation

No, you certainly did not. I read what you posted, and they say that citizens have the right to resist attempts to overthrow the constitution of the state, and that right is equally enshrined in US law. They certainly do not say citizens can rebel at will because they’re pissed, which seems to be what you are claiming.

I always support you when your criticisms of my nation are founded in fact, even if I do not agree with your opinions. This is not such a case.

Concerning your original argument we agree to disagree then.

I did not claim that. I think I explained myself sufficiently.

I stated that the USA has no codified right of revolution like other nations and/or organizations. Is that a fact - yes it is. Is it criticism - no, but it’s no surprise that it’s perceived as such. Your support isn’t required.

2 Likes

He takes his cues from Queen Victoria: “Just close your eyes and think of tax cuts.”

2 Likes

And yet, I remain mystified.

Fair enough!

Or Black.

Or Puerto Rican.

5 Likes

There was a publication glitch. Fixing it

2 Likes

Yet another BB headline and evidence that doesn’t support the assertion made. I watched the video and saw exactly what I would have done if a bunch of people were yelling. Patiently wait for the chaos die down.

I kinda wish that Burke quote would die in a fire. Everyone thinks they’re the good guys. It sounds nice but is ultimately meaningless under scrutiny. While this particular situation calls for these guys to speak out against Moore, it’s just as easily possible for Burke’s advice to lead to disaster. The phrase in and of itself doesn’t justify anything at all.

1 Like

Don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble, but most people at McConnell’s age have less than perfect auditory processing. There is no way he can make out anything of the questions that are shouted at him. Watch him in other videos of Q/A sessions…there is always an aid by his ear. Even then he looks confused.

1 Like

Fuck them both, if they can’t come out against a man who possibly sexually assaulted a 14 year old. Us citizens of GA deserve better.

9 Likes

Take his new eyes tex

Good point. I can imagine the alt+you-know-who read that quote and give a fist-pump.

As in many other things, they follow the example of Saint Ronnie.:

A hand cupped to his ear, Ronald Reagan made an art form of feigning deafness in the presence of reporters.

Throughout the 1980s, ladies and gentlemen of the press would huddle to hurl questions as their leader strode across the White House lawn to board the Marine One helicopter.

“Mr President, is it true you supplied weaponry to the Contras?”

“Mr President, please tell us about the healthy, growing, vigorous economy.”

Questions, however, were inevitably frustrated by a smiling president, employing the “Shucks, I just can’t hear you guys” tactic.

Reagan at least made use of Marine One as an excuse, and was a better actor than the collection of scumbags who worship him.

1 Like

Treason doth never prosper

You’re right I missed this one. But using your scenario, it still wouldn’t apply, I think? The government being overthrown is not the one set up by the constitution granting right of revolution. And if the group seeking to reclaim power is that rightful government, then no one is invoking right of revolution against them. I could even say the government is putting down a rebellion or coup, potentially in violation of the same constitutional clause depending on the circumstances.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.