Rep. Rashida Tlaib once again vows to impeach Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/22/rep-rashida-tlaib-once-again.html

11 Likes

17 Likes

I’m lovin’ it.

10 Likes

20190722_144253

20 Likes

reminder that impeachment CHANGES NOTHING

THIS IS AN ENGINEERED DISTRACTION AND YOU ARE FALLING FOR IT

senate won’t remove him, he’ll win re-election

MEANWHILE THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN STILL IN CONCENTRATION CAMPS FOR MONTHS INSTEAD OF 72-HOUR MAX

how the hell has the newsmedia “moved on” from kids in cages? wtf is going on in this country? it’s not on the front pages or opening stories of any major news outlet!

5 Likes

Reminder that random caps hurts your message. We haven’t forgotten about kids in cages. It is in fact possible to care about more than one thing at a time. Thanks, though.

26 Likes

I wonder if in the '70s, when their grandkids asked their German grandparents what they did in the '30s, they talked about all the marches they went to, all the strongly worded letters they wrote, and all the cat ear hats they wore?

And the children said “so you did nothing…”

3 Likes

As @spetrovits mentioned, we have most certainly not forgotten kids in cages, there are good people protesting these facilities right now. Shame the media isn’t covering this better.

As for “impeachment changes nothing,” and “senate won’t remove him,” that is missing the bigger picture. As I mentioned earlier, starting impeachment proceedings gives congress greatly increased powers to compel discovery and compliance. Since, in your view, the president won’t be impeached either way, why is it bad that information comes out that otherwise wouldn’t? Don’t we all deserve to know?

24 Likes

Wait…he’s calling them inexperienced? He’s been in political office for 2.5 years. He’s the fucking veteran now?

13 Likes

Nonsenical, yes, but it’s code for “[too] young.”

13 Likes

He views his lifetime of bankrupting his inherited family business, various frauds and reality showmanship as valid experience.

10 Likes

Now that’s a bumper sticker for the ages!

3 Likes
  • Pretending that Trump’s actions are not impeachment-worthy crimes does not help.

• Dismissing Trump’s White Supremacist rhetoric or its effect in rallying his ever-more-emboldened fascist base as a “distraction” does not help.

• Taking the position that we can only focus on one of this administration’s myriad scandals at a time does not help.

• Insisting that anyone who protests Trump in a different way than you is a hapless rube who is doing it wrong doesn’t help.

Know what might help? Pushing back against Trump and his enablers in any and every way we can.

18 Likes

Real allies don’t try to dictate how, where, and why the oppressed and marginalized fight back; full stop.

16 Likes

SUPERB view, If this fucking complete sentence rule will let me say so.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.