Watch a bold sea lion take a dip at a resort pool and boot another guest out of his lounge chair

Originally published at: Watch a bold sea lion take a dip at a resort pool and boot another guest out of his lounge chair | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Didn’t we just experience this real-time in the gun thread?

9 Likes

I’d say “Christ, what an asshole” but when it comes to the ocean, humans are the ultimate assholes.

20 Likes

At least it didn’t plotz in the pool…

9 Likes

Who paid his bar tab?

7 Likes

I dunno, I can imagine he was bummed the dude left. Just looking for a warm cuddle.

1 Like

Something tells me this isn’t the first time they’ve done this.

I do wonder, now that we have protections in place for these relatively smart marine mammals, how they will adapt to being able to use human mediated resources such as a nice freshwater rinse and a comfy place to sun in, and how in the long term that will impact their evolution, assuming we all have a long term and all.

2 Likes

18 Likes

Wow, you’ve got some nice water in your pool. It’d be a shame if something happened to it. While you’re thinking about that, I’ll just move into your spot and make myself comfortable. See how it feels human? Not so nice, right?

Seal With It GIF

14 Likes

That’s why they call it sealioning.

3 Likes

Always fun with embedded TikTok videos when you hit the full screen button and it takes you to a smaller version of the video on TikTok’s website and there’s no full screen button on the website version.

6 Likes

If you have to tell me “Wait for it…”

This is Wendy. She hangs out at Hotel Solymar in the Galapagos Islands. The tourists love her.

11 Likes

“OK, you can have the chair but I’ll be damned if you can have my towel!”

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.