Watch a bunch of anthropomorphic animatronic animal musicians perform an Arcade Fire song

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/10/watch-a-bunch-of-anthropomorph.html

3 Likes

Automatons or Aut-not-matons? That was suitably weird; and all the nuclear imagery had a nicely 80s nostalgic feel to it. It makes me miss the old days, when all we had to worry about was global, nuclear annihilation.

7 Likes

Was it the ShowBiz Pizza PALACE or ShowBiz Pizza Place? I remember the latter.

3 Likes

Huh. Actually, pretty good, and disturbing. Two thumbs up from me.

3 Likes

I wonder if that’s where Arcade Fire’s name actually comes from.

2 Likes

A+ for the interpretation of this music, well done for what was input.

D- for the actual music. That’s what arcade fire sounds like? Sounds like they shoulda stayed in the arcade, while it was on fire, and saved us from such horrible songwriting. Musically not horrible at all, lyrically an atrocity of horrible vocals and lyrics written by a 5 yr old

Make sure to send your feedback to Arcade Fire circa 2004- they’re going to want to know what a waste of time the last 16 years have been.

6 Likes

I am the egg man
They are the egg men
I am the walrus
Goo goo g’joob, goo goo goo g’joob
Goo goo g’joob, goo goo goo g’joob, goo goo

–One of the most celebrated songwriters of all time

12 Likes

I just got an email from Win Butler, and he wanted me to reassure you that Arcade Fire will disband, and any future musical endeavors will involve Fred Durst.

I did it all for the nookie
C’mon
The nookie
C’mon
So you can take that cookie
And stick it up your—yeah!
Stick it up your—yeah!
Stick it up your—yeah!
Stick it up your—

4 Likes

It’s pretty creepy, really. I was just trying to imagine it with different music. I can’t imagine it not being creepy, regardless of music choices.

You know some super cool 5 year olds and I’d be interested in hearing their stories.

9 Likes

Maybe they can collaborate with this 4-year-old.

4 Likes

The bear lead singer made me thing of Edgar Winter…

You are not the only one:

2 Likes

I mean, 5-year-olds have some pretty awesome ideas and just need a little help to get them there. Axe Cop was a wild ride. My five-year-old loves to play “games” (improv plays in which they direct us and feed us lines).

Very Off-topic Five-year-old Story

One time we played “Long Hallway” which was where we lived in a long hallway and I was “Rock’n’Roll Guy” and they were the quiet kid and so they kept turning down my speakers. But at some point they didn’t turn down my speakers and so I realized a ninja must have done it. So I needed to stop the ninja which meant I needed to become a ninja. After ninja training I put on my raincoat and flew to Africa to battle 10 ninjas to find the one who was turning off my speakers. But when I found the tenth ninja - the one who was responsible - it was my sister. I didn’t want to fight my sister but I had to because we were ninjas we had to fight. So we fought but it was a draw and then we decided to renounce being ninjas so we wouldn’t have to fight anymore.

The next morning on the way to daycare my kids says, “Let’s play Long Hallway”. Once again I was Rock’n’Roll Guy but this time the kid was a chef who made soup and it was a story about me taste-testing soup.

6 Likes

Raincoat Ninja sounds like a worthy addition to the Axe Cop canon.

3 Likes

Utterly bonkers and a whole lot of fun, indeed.

3 Likes

And yet you did, when you called it “my” music.

Arcade Fire isn’t “my” music. They’re a band that I neither love nor hate. I don’t really give a rat’s ass about them either way. What I can’t stand is the whole “waaah this music sucks” coming out of nowhere and passing itself off as… what? Erudition? Good musical taste? Whatever it’s trying to pass itself off as, it’s failing miserably, and the failure mode of clever is asshole.

Hopefully we’re all in agreement about the basic minimum social skills required in society. Look, if you said they weren’t your thing and left it at that, it would be fine. But you went on and on about how much you think they suck. I don’t know if you did that to build yourself up by knocking someone else down, but if you did, you failed miserably.

This as well. But there’s also a tinge of wanting to fit in with the cool kids by insulting the unwashed masses, then by calling everybody who calls you out the “hive mind”. In the real world, the cool kids are the ones who don’t feel the need to crap all over other people’s personal preferences.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.