Watch a clip of Queen and Axl Rose's tribute to Freddie Mercury

Originally published at: Watch a clip of Queen and Axl Rose's tribute to Freddie Mercury | Boing Boing

1 Like

Also good, from the same gig:

10 Likes

I remember watching this live as a very sad 11 year old.

3 Likes

Yup, it felt forced. It wasn’t important or meaningful.

1 Like

In my opinion, this was the very best performance that day. Lisa Stansfield also hit out of the park.

I also love the rehearsal footage and I’m glad someone thought to capture it professionally.

4 Likes

I believe Bowie started doing the song in duet form as part of his usual repertory after that performance.

1 Like

I remember watching this as a teen on the FOX network. my memory of watching it was in an apartment I didn’t live in in 92, though. but it definitely was the same concert; since I was (and remain) an incorrigible Led head, my only specific memory was Plant doing Crazy Little Thing Called Love. he did so love those 50s-style rockers. forgot he introduced it with a verse from Thank You – bonus!

3 Likes

love the audience on this one

1 Like

Of all the great performances that day, Axl’s is the least great (IMO). But thanks @bobtato, @tcg550, @noahdjango for posting the really great stuff.

2 Likes

Annie is rocking the Bladerunner/Priss look.

2 Likes

I wonder what Freddy thought of the Guns n Roses song “One in a Million”

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.